Ooops
February 19, 2020, 02:11:08 AM

Author Topic: Christmas Project - Streaming Terrain Editor  (Read 686 times)

Offline 3DzForMe

Re: Christmas Project - Streaming Terrain Editor
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 05:11:26 AM »
  However today after only 10 minutes I got the shader working and it's like a little ray of sunshine which has totally transformed my outlook on the project again. It's good to have a win now and again. It also makes me happy that I can pull together all those little experiments I have been coding for years and make use of them in one project. No code is ever wasted in the long run. 

Great stuff, my project has been kinda on hold for a bit - real life stuff getting in the way ;)  I do love the way AGK renders heightmaps though ;)

Offline Kronos

Re: Christmas Project - Streaming Terrain Editor
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »
Added shadows and water. I am using a variation of the water code Janbo posted on the AGK forums, which I think he sourced from ThinMatrix. Well worth watching his video series on Youtube  btw.

Halfway through the video I noticed that i had lost my selection lines but was able to fix afterwards. This is starting to look not half bad ;D Except for those damn tile edge normals!!

Not sure I am going to stick with the AGK skybox as it is a bit shonky. Doesn't stay in the correct position when camera goes high.

Also just figured out how to anchor my form elements so in next video screens should be much bigger. Enjoy.

Edit: Eureka fixed those normals \o/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal