readme

Started by round157, November 23, 2019, 23:01:54

Previous topic - Next topic

round157

I have one more opinion. A readme.txt file which explains how to use the current editor should be included in the zip file. Thanks! The file will be a good help for first-time users. Actually, I spent a lot of time on looking into how to use the editor.

bplus

Hi round157,

I think Chris started something under Scratch (look for it on menu), Chris is not a wordy person ;D

I started something still under On-line samples, they are the numbered items at the end of the list:
000 Getting Started
A tiny tut ;) you would think a filename with 000 for start would be listed first. Ha, well not everywhere!

I just read it over today and confess, not too helpful... can one be too helpful? ask Johnno LOL

Back in 2016, I made an extended Help system when the beautiful and wonderful and NORMAL and sweetly simple editor was abandoned with FLTK for SDL system. Sure better performance but at expense of normal editor, sure both editor and performance improved since... but not SB following.

If you want I can dig it up and zip it but did you find the old FLTK files? It mimics that Help system.
1 person likes this

round157

Quote from: bplus on November 24, 2019, 15:58:05

If you want I can dig it up and zip it but did you find the old FLTK files? It mimics that Help system.

Thanks. I can find those files and I want your zip file.

bplus

RE: SB Extended Help

Wow ancient history...

OK you wont need the setup bas file and this runs extended notes through NotePad as seen in screen shot but most are terse screen or less, if you want a different editor change bat file is easiest I think.

Update: zip pack extracted and worked from current SB but this stuff is old, DOFORM, HTML gone, PEN changed...

The goal was to be able to read all reference notes, paste and run examples accumulated at old forum site reference board like you can with QB64 and even add your own notes.

1 person likes this

round157

Quote from: bplus on November 25, 2019, 15:01:42

OK you wont need the setup bas file and this runs extended notes through NotePad as seen in screen shot but most are terse screen or less, if you want a different editor change bat file is easiest I think.

Update: zip pack extracted and worked from current SB but this stuff is old, DOFORM, HTML gone, PEN changed...

The goal was to be able to read all reference notes, paste and run examples accumulated at old forum site reference board like you can with QB64 and even add your own notes.

Thanks for providing the PNG screenshot and the zip file. I am downloading them now.

( I am very surprised because the zip file has been downloaded 4 times. It means that four other members want help as well. Ok, I will look into the zip file. Thanks again.)

bplus

Ha, well one of the downloads was mine, I always check what I post as zip for quick check to make sure it is what was intended. ;-) I can only check on Windows 10 OS though.
1 person likes this

round157

Quote from: bplus on November 26, 2019, 20:59:29
Ha, well one of the downloads was mine, I always check what I post as zip for quick check to make sure it is what was intended. ;-) I can only check on Windows 10 OS though.

I see. I don't have problem with the files. Thanks a lot!!! ^-^ They are nice.  Now I want to solve the problem of the editor from Aurel.