editor

Started by round157, November 19, 2019, 23:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurel [banned]

Hi
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 04, 2019, 16:47:43
Yes toolbar button bitmaps are created by me also menu items are with small bitmaps

The small icons of the pull-down menu were also made by you? These small icons are successful as well! Yes, look nice. :) 

of course i forget..i have in plan include simple interpreter with this editor called micro(A)

Micro(A) is a BASIC interpreter created by you? Since you have skills in programming an interpreter, you should be an very experienced programmer! :)

Besides, I encounter a small problem with the editor(AurelEditSB.exe):

1. open the editor,
2. open one source code file, press 'Run' button, this source code file is run, stop it.
3. open the second source code file, press 'Run' button, this second source code file is run, stop it.
4. use the mouse pointer to click the tab of the first source code file, press 'Run' button, but the first source code file is not run and the second source code file is run again.

If you have time, please check. Thanks a lot!!! 

Aurel [banned]

Yes
(Y)

Aurel [banned]

Hey
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 09, 2019, 19:09:50

anyway limit for number of files you can open is 64

I will download the new version. Thank you very much. 64 files? :D So GOOD!

Aurel [banned]

I
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 10, 2019, 09:47:16
I open today 10 examples and switching between them and all work as expected.
i hope that ork for you too..  ;)

The previous problem was solved. Thanks. The new version is stable and admirable.   
:)                                                        ^-^

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 10, 2019, 09:47:16

i hope.........

This editor works nicely and is a suitable partner with SmallBASIC. :) Thanks a lot! I notice that this new version was downloaded 9 times. Eight silent users are using it as well. That is very good because this convenient editor help many SmalBASIC users to develop programs. By the way, I want to report a small problem.

1, open editor,
2. open a source code file,
3. open a new empty tab, type some code,
4. use the mouse pointer to click the first tab,
5. use the mouse pointer to click the second tab, all the code which I have typed disappears,

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 12, 2019, 08:00:51
yes that is how work, you create empty NO-NAME tab which means file is not saved with tab name *New
Editor don't hold text(code) buffers, only hold filePaths(filenames) and *New is not valid filename.
so in step
3. open a new empty tab, type some code, click toolbar button SaveAs (save your new code)

Thanks for explaining in detail. :)

Of course should be good to have Yes/cancel/no

I see. You mean this kind of dialog box? I totally agree with you. This kind of dialog box is useful and important. Sometimes users may forget saving new files. If this kind of dialog box is added to your editor in future version, it will remind users of saving new files before they click other tabs. Finally, these users will not lose all the code typed by them in '*New' tabs. The editor will also be more complete or perfect.

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 13, 2019, 06:29:40
Yes like this or use temporary buffer to check is there any text under new tab.

Hey, yes!  8) I have one more question. Is one of these two
feature on the roadmap to the next version of the editor?
It will be very good news for all the users of your editor!
Thanks for your endeavour.

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 15, 2019, 08:43:05
roadmap
wow that's a strong word for me.

Strong word? It should be an appropriate way to use the word. :-[ Anyway, thanks again!!!!

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)