editor

Started by round157, November 19, 2019, 23:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

round157

Quote from: bplus on November 27, 2019, 13:31:45
compile does.

The source can be run at once or sbasicg.exe is required to open first? Thanks.

(The editor was downloaded 7 times. It seems that 5 other persons were interested in this editor.)

Aurel [banned]

In my case sbasicg.exe is not open first i just see execution of program ,i don't know how is your computer
configured and why that happened i use 0-12-13 version and everything work fine
(Y)

bplus

Quote from: round157 on November 28, 2019, 08:54:27
Quote from: Aurel on November 27, 2019, 19:02:48
..use button Compile and must work

Hi....., if press 'Compile' button in your editor, the SmallBASIC editor(sbasicg.exe) will open with that source code file. Then I press the right button of the mouse. Then the menu appears. Then select 'Run' in the menu. Then the source code will be run.

I have one question. Now the source code cannot be run directly after I press 'Compile' button in your editor. Is it impossible?   sbasicg.exe is required to open first?

Quote from: round157 on November 28, 2019, 09:01:06
Quote from: bplus on November 27, 2019, 13:31:45
compile does.

The source can be run at once or sbasicg.exe is required to open first? Thanks.

(The editor was downloaded 7 times. It seems that 5 other persons were interested in this editor.)

I think you can flip a switch on SB so that Run will come only, that setting would be saved in SB's init file (App Data / Roaming / SB something... but hard to change back, so save the working init file as backup before changing it.) either that or Aurel's editor can run SB with some sort of switch -x or something check SB's doc's.

Ha! might be just as easy to edit in your favorite txt editor (at one time Chris recommended Atom) and run SB with the switch through a bat file or through a Basic exe menu or maybe even through a SB.bas program or setup Windows to Run SB when you click a BAS file. I was doing the last before QB64, it does hamper use of other Basic's that prefer .bas extensions like JB. I remember using one Basic that tried to hog the bas extension all to itself, took awhile to be rid of that bugger.
1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

round157
my windows is win7 ultimate 32bit
and i my small basic folder is on disk D
try simply clean registry then run editor, simple routine use this :

ShellExecute(0,"open",cdPath,chr(34)+fName+chr(34),"" , 5)

so there is no any switch and work fine
(Y)

bplus

SB switch
1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

oh that one ,i will check
(Y)

Aurel [banned]

YES
this is the main problem, it is little bit silly but i understand why is there.
so round157 just run sbasicg.exe and right click on window and disable editor[OFF]

by the way anyone interested in small update?
(Y)

round157

Quote from: bplus on November 28, 2019, 18:06:36
SB switch

Yes. :-X

The problem was solved. Thanks a lot!

round157

Quote from: Aurel on November 28, 2019, 22:17:33
YES
this is the main problem, it is little bit silly but i understand why is there.
so round157 just run sbasicg.exe and right click on window and disable editor[OFF]

Thanks! There is no problem now. ^-^

round157

Quote from: Aurel on November 28, 2019, 22:17:33

by the way anyone interested in small update?

One more thing, I am curious. You will release a new version in the near future? What new feature will appear in the new version? :-X

Aurel [banned]

Hi
I already have newer version of my AurelEdit but he is created for OxygenBasic.
I can modify that newer version .
New features..
well that depends what you wish and on my free time.
I can modify latest version to work with smallBasic and i can post it here or give you a link
it is also simple editor but you can change fonts and some colors,in fact nothing special.
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 02, 2019, 12:20:56
Hi
I already have newer version of my AurelEdit but he is created for OxygenBasic.
I can modify that newer version .
New features..
well that depends what you wish and on my free time.
I can modify latest version to work with smallBasic and i can post it here or give you a link
it is also simple editor but you can change fonts and some colors,in fact nothing special.

Changing fonts and colours are good features. If you have time, I hope that you will make this new version. :) Thanks!  Uploading the new version to this forum is better because other people can download the new version, too. 

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 02, 2019, 22:13:24
OK
Here is in attachment, just as old zip , exctract content of zip into smallbasic folder and run
AurelEditSB.exe.
This time you can change themes by clicking icon Options
There is edit control with set compiler path - which not work
and should be nice to have this option so you will be able to run SBEdit(AurelEditSB) from any folder.
that is on my to.do list
round - if you have any question let me known.

Thanks. I am downloading this new version now.

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 02, 2019, 22:13:24

Here is in attachment......................

Hello........,

The buttons of the toolbar are beautiful and lovely. Were the buttons created by you? Good skill. These buttons make this new version look comfortable. Moreover, four themes are for users to choose. Good! They are really nice colour themes. :)

The program can make a good first impression. No doubt.