editor

Started by round157, November 19, 2019, 23:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 15, 2019, 23:41:22
i will do some changes into editor

Good!! Make this editor more perfect. ^-^

I would like to finish some things around interpreter first..

I am curious. Will you let other people download and use your interpreter after you finish developing the interpreter?

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 17, 2019, 08:05:07
Yes all my programs are free and most of them are open source.

You are a generous software developer. :)

Besides, I have a little idea. Four themes are in the editor and these themes are actully very nice. If the editor can  remember the theme chosen by the user, this editor will be more professional. Other editors(eg., Geany, QB64's editor) can remember the themes chosen by users if the users open the editors next time.

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

k1

Quote from: Aurel on November 24, 2019, 18:54:58
For anyone who wish to try this small and quick (and not exactly complete) code editor for SmallBasic.
Just unpack zip content into SmallBasic folder and run SmallBasicEdit.exe.
It uses scintilla edit control.
Hello! Just curious: how do you invoke the smallbasic interpreter (or compiler?) from within the editor (or command-line for that matter)? Is there a manual about this topic (i.e. compiler options)? Why not use vscode or atom editor?

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 19, 2019, 08:17:14
there are many things on my to-do list with editor.

You are so diligent. ^-^ Thanks again!!!

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 21, 2019, 15:35:35
Fixed two bugs in original editor.
still looking for best option for saving user settings.

Thanks! :) You are an efficient bug killer.

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 21, 2019, 15:35:35

still looking for.......

Oh, I discover k1's post now. ??? You may also overlook k1's post. k1's post is to you.

k1 was asking you some questions:

Quote from: k1Hello! Just curious: how do you invoke the smallbasic interpreter (or compiler?) from within the editor (or command-line for that matter)? Is there a manual about this topic (i.e. compiler options)? Why not use vscode or atom editor?

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

Aurel [banned]

OK
(Y)

bplus

Quote from: k1 on December 19, 2019, 21:45:49
Quote from: Aurel on November 24, 2019, 18:54:58
For anyone who wish to try this small and quick (and not exactly complete) code editor for SmallBasic.
Just unpack zip content into SmallBasic folder and run SmallBasicEdit.exe.
It uses scintilla edit control.
Hello! Just curious: how do you invoke the smallbasic interpreter (or compiler?) from within the editor (or command-line for that matter)? Is there a manual about this topic (i.e. compiler options)? Why not use vscode or atom editor?

Hi k1,

Just curious myself, do you have and know how to Run SmallBASIC normally (without Aurel's Editor)?
eg click the SmallBASIC exe, Select the Files screen from top menu, type in a new file name in the "Files" screen click [New] go back to "navigator" screen click on your new file, the editor should come up and display an empty file with some starter labels), type in the editor something like ? "Hello World" and then RIGHT CLICK on your program and select Run from the pop-up menu. 

(And Good luck to you if the editor doesn't come up after you click on your new file name in the first "Navigator" screen but instead tries to Run the file because the Editor switch has been switched OFF.)
1 person likes this

round157

Quote from: Aurel on December 21, 2019, 20:50:57
Tested configuration file and seems that work.
for now just theme selection would be saved.
Compiler/interpreter path would be also added in Option Window(Settings)
So user can put editor in any folder not just in interpreter home folder.

Very nice!

The editor of the version 0.12.17 doesn't work well on my computer. I will report this problem. I still use AurelEditSB and I think that other SmallBASIC users want more choices of editors as well. Your continuous development for AurelEditSB can help or satisfy these users. When you finish AurelEditSB, please don't forget to release in this forum. This forum is a suitable place for releasing new version of AurelEditSB. Sure. Thanks!!

k1

Quote from: Aurel on December 21, 2019, 17:42:09
QuoteHello! Just curious: how do you invoke the smallbasic interpreter (or compiler?) from within the editor (or command-line for that matter)? Is there a manual about this topic (i.e. compiler options)? Why not use vscode or atom editor?

I am curious too,did you even try smallBasic ?
it is invoked or called trough shell command line with ShellExecute() win api function
manual..what manual ?
..and why not use AurelEditSB ? it is written in BASIC compiler
Hey, and thanks for the rep. Yes, I have played with SB since the fltk version. Now, as to why not use your project. First, congrats on the project. Now, if you implement code-completion and snippets (suggestions about how a function etc needs to look like) then, sure.

And so, I was looking around for editor options, and I came across this Ace emmbedable code editor:
https://ace.c9.io/
It is quite cool, once you understand how to use it and adopt it for i.e. SmallBasic. It can auto-complete and show snippets and much, much more. Not to spoil your thread, just want to mention it for people who look for editor options.

k1

Quote from: bplus on December 21, 2019, 21:19:54
Hi k1,

Just curious myself, do you have and know how to Run SmallBASIC normally (without Aurel's Editor)?
eg click the SmallBASIC exe, Select the Files screen from top menu, type in a new file name in the "Files" screen click [New] go back to "navigator" screen click on your new file, the editor should come up and display an empty file with some starter labels), type in the editor something like ? "Hello World" and then RIGHT CLICK on your program and select Run from the pop-up menu. 

(And Good luck to you if the editor doesn't come up after you click on your new file name in the first "Navigator" screen but instead tries to Run the file because the Editor switch has been switched OFF.)
Hello, yes I figured out how to use the editor (sb 0_12_14). It is too basic however. Also I prefer other key-bindings. It is good for the start, sure. Luckily I have read about the switch in this very thread, so I can handle. :D
Also, I can start the sbasicg64 (windows 10 e) from a cmd shell with input file, i.e.: >sbasicg64 examples\clock.bas. The "sbasic" file does not work however, it complains about missing dlls. Do not need it anyway.