(resolved) Sound problem (Win 10)

Started by bplus, November 04, 2019, 19:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

bplus

Hi Chris,

I am checking through old code and notice none of the sound works, neither SOUND nor PLAY, neither version 12.3 nor 12.4

Did Windows 10 update it out of existence?

REM SmallBASIC
REM created: 04/11/2019, Sound Check

sound 500, 10000 '10 secs?
? "Done"

Execution jumps straight to printing done and Run is done.
1 person likes this

bplus

Ohhhhh! man when was the Audio On /Off switch installed? :-[

or how did it get switched off?

So the problem was the user!  :))
1 person likes this

chrisws

Quote from: bplus on November 05, 2019, 00:11:52
Ohhhhh! man when was the Audio On /Off switch installed? :-[

or how did it get switched off?

So the problem was the user!  :))

That reminds me, I never got to the bottom of why the sound didn't play in newer versions of SDL in windows.

bplus

QuoteThat reminds me, I never got to the bottom of why the sound didn't play in newer versions of SDL in windows.
Is that the reason for the switch back to FLTK?

(I was hoping you might return back to that editor too.) ;-)) (but I am guessing you want current editor for Android, besides plenty of nice editors out there...)

BTW, how is that (the switch back) coming?

1 person likes this

chrisws

Quote from: bplus on November 05, 2019, 21:57:45
QuoteThat reminds me, I never got to the bottom of why the sound didn't play in newer versions of SDL in windows.

(I was hoping you might return back to that editor too.) ;-)) (but I am guessing you want current editor for Android, besides plenty of nice editors out there...)

I was working on the FLTK remake like a crazy person, then decided to take a break. I guess I should just release something then you can tell me where the remaining bugs are :)

bplus

Quote from: chrisws on November 06, 2019, 20:37:44
Quote from: bplus on November 05, 2019, 21:57:45

I was working on the FLTK remake like a crazy person, then decided to take a break. I guess I should just release something then you can tell me where the remaining bugs are :)

Sure I can check old code in Windows, maybe Johnno for Linux?

And some brave soul might have Android, I wonder how a newbie to SB would handle that?

Is there anything new or just check old functioning? Hey, might HTML be back?
1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

chris
i know and understand ..you wish to create multiplform basic lang
but what about using native GDI graphics on windows version?
(Y)

chrisws

Quote from: Aurel on November 13, 2019, 22:01:56
chris
i know and understand ..you wish to create multiplform basic lang
but what about using native GDI graphics on windows version?

That would actually be possible without too much effort. The internal drawing code is based around "Dependency Inversion", where the drawing API used is just an simple interface. The interface is currently implemented with SDL for the desktop and Android NDK Api's for Android (the remake of the FLTK version also does the same thing). The only thing is, it would end up looking just the same, but the performance could potentially be improved.