PowerBasic

Started by Pfaber11, November 01, 2019, 09:50:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

Just thought I would check it out . Anybody got any experience with it and if so what did you think. Can't remember what the price  was but was definitely more than PureBasic although I think PowerBasic 9 is available for free . I believe PowerBasic is 32 bit whereas Purebasic is 64 bit plus it has the Ogre engine intergrated into it . My money is still on PureBasic but that's just my opinion . Thoughts anyone.?
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

MikeHart

It compiles and produces very fast code. Its focus is application development. Windows and 32 bit only. There are headers for DX and OpenGL, but you would have to know how to code these two graphic apis to get anything out of it. There is no middleware graphics engine to what I know. Anyway a lot of great users moved on after its creator died. And my experience with their forum back in the day was that poeple like you would be flamed soon, as they expect to do your home work first. Might get you banned quickly if you behaved not according to their strickt forum codex.
I used it a lot to create extensions for thinBasic. In fact thinBasic is compiled with PowerBasic. Like I said, great language, but dead not only in my eyes.

iWasAdam

my only thought about anything that is 32bit only: Run for the hills...  :-X

Pfaber11

Yes mike I agree with you but in my mind some of these forums from what I remember are just so tight like the python forum they are really up their own backside . That's just the way they made me feel about their site . On the other hand there is syntax Bomb . You know I get better information and answers on here than the official sites I use . You are sort of allowed to chat a bit on here also. Happy coding . out
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

TomToad

Quote from: iWasAdam on November 01, 2019, 11:25:23
my only thought about anything that is 32bit only: Run for the hills...  :-X
32 bit is the new retro.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.