3d (monster) Maze

Started by iWasAdam, October 31, 2019, 14:45:05

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

Thanks, it's sort of coming together :)
Been working on the 'crab' a bit more adding some texture to it. The red underside gives it a much nastier look - which is great... I'll have to work out how to animate it now  >:(

Qube

Coming along really well, looks great :) - You are such a fast coding machine that I think you are an AI from the future :o
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

more an old git from the past with a good tool chain  8)

Derron

Lets see when you abandon this project for the next distraction ;-)

Bye
Ron

iWasAdam

touche!  ;D

But seriously - this is more a cumulation of everything before it...

Working on some interesting but a mind boggling stuff with the 'crabs'.
E.G.
1. when you get close they should turn to face you - without going round in circles like a dancer - sorted
2. when you are in their line of sight they should turn to face you - not yet sorted

iWasAdam

generally got the detection sorted. Whilst doing testing of positions I used the light material by mistake and found it works great on the crabs.
So a little tinkering later - they now glow with a pulsing light...
Good? Bad?

Derron

They should glow "poisonous" or contaminated/radiated - so greenish or so. Depends on the scenery but a "white" would mean it is kind of a deap sea animal wit flourescent material.

bye
Ron

RemiD

i have seen a similar creature, if i remind correctly, it was in the game blood 2 ? or maybe in half life 1 ? (this horrible thing jumps on your face to grab your head and then eat you, it was really scary ! :'( )

iWasAdam