The Kindness of Strangers

Started by 3DzForMe, October 29, 2019, 18:06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

3DzForMe

Last week I was away for a few days - where I was working required photo ID so I took drivers Licence along with the usual wallet stuff.

Last train home from London, I left my wallet on the overhead rack, nice end to the week.

I received a letter on Saturday morning asking if I had 'lost' something on a train to give the number enclosed a ring.

I managed to speak to the gentleman responsible for finding my wallet - it had managed to go all the way to Leeds and back to Kings Cross where the operative found my wallet.

It was a carribean gentleman with a great sense of humour - he had the presence of mind NOT to put my wallet into Lost Property (apparently.... things do get 'lost' there) - but retained it himself. He is returning it to me tomorrow by post.  :D :D ;D ;D
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Amon

There's hope for this world yet.

Qube

QuoteHe is returning it to me tomorrow by post.  :D :D ;D ;D
With a note saying "Thanks for the cash" :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

GaborD

3DzForMe

No, he insisted on not taking the remainder of the money in the wallet as a reward  ;D
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Quote from: 3DzForMe on October 30, 2019, 07:05:38
No, he insisted on not taking the remainder of the money in the wallet as a reward  ;D

So he already checked the amount and thought it is not worth to mention :D

bye
Ron