.B3D ENCRYPTED

Started by Santiago, October 23, 2019, 06:08:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Santiago

i wish to protect my .b3d files, so, i compile my game, and i have directories with .b3d files.

i dont wan't make a big pack game, because is slow for client read a game with a huge packs.

I think, what happen if i change LOADMESH function, and make a new one like LOADMESH_ENCRYPT function.

when the loadmesh function read the file data, make the uncrypted process.

someone do something like that? do you think that is possible to do?

Matty

Is there any point since hardly anyone in the world knows b3d format ?

TomToad

A couple of ways come to mind.  One would be to download the Blitz3D source from github, find the LoadMesh function, and pass the data through a decrypt function.

Second would be to come up with your own mesh format, then use Blitz3D's AddSurface, AddVertex, AddTriangle etc... functions to buid the mesh manually.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Derron

> i dont wan't make a big pack game, because is slow for client read a game with a huge packs.

Why? Open a file, seek to the position, stream the data to the loader.

Aside of that: any data you load to something "useable" means someone could rip from there.

bye
Ron

col

There are a couple of ways to do this. 1st way is to convert from b3d to a format that only you know of. 2nd way is to encrypt the data itself requiring you to decrypt it.

QuoteAside of that: any data you load to something "useable" means someone could rip from there.
However it would stop the casual asset flipper from easily copying your hard work.
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Derron

If he encrypts the data or has a custom format - he already could use what I suggested too: a datastream into a "package" (multiple files in one ".pack").

bye
Ron

RemiD

you don't need to encrypt anything, just create your own mesh format (with some obfuscation if you are paranoid), and that's all.
the structure of a mesh i :
mesh
surface(s)
  vertice(s)
  triangle(s)
  brush/material
   color
   alpha
   fx
   blend
   texture(s)

and for rigged skinned animated meshes you need to add
bones/joints
skinnedvertices
weights
animations
poses/frames
  bones scales rotations positions

to create bones (joints), and skinned vertices, and weights, you will need the update B.002 (or B.003) made by Bobysait...
here : http://mojolabs.nz/posts.php?topic=105408

MrmediamanX

I generally compile all assets into a single exe using Blitzmedialinker, If I need to compress files down I tend to use BBCruncher
just keep in mind the less deeper within directories/folders the assets are, the quicker the decompression come runtime.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

STEVIE G

Quote from: MrmediamanX on November 20, 2019, 07:09:30
I generally compile all assets into a single exe using Blitzmedialinker, If I need to compress files down I tend to use BBCruncher
just keep in mind the less deeper within directories/folders the assets are, the quicker the decompression come runtime.

Do you have links to these?  Do they work with Blitz3D?

MrmediamanX

both tools can be found here. indeed they work with blitz3d. to compile multi source includes/BB files just select and add them like any other assets...cool :)
http://www.puretools.eu/eng/rechts.htm
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..