How do I resolve the gm is deprecated error

Started by Amanda Dearheart, October 09, 2019, 03:28:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda Dearheart

During compile, I get an "GM is deprecated. It will be removed in later versions" command line warning.  How do I get rid of it.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

MikeHart

Which compiler, Mingw or MSVC? Monkey or CX? Which Version? Which OS?please post your command line command that you use to compile.

dawlane

Amanda Dearheart

I am using the TED IDE that Cerberus-X recommends. It doesn't say whether it it using MSVC or MingW.  BTW, I am using Windows 8.1
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

dawlane

Quote from: bsisko on October 10, 2019, 22:48:53
I am using the TED IDE that Cerberus-X recommends. It doesn't say whether it it using MSVC or MingW.  BTW, I am using Windows 8.1
You have to have either Visual Studio installed (MSBuild) or a MinGW and set up for one or the other or both in the config.winnt.txt file to build Desktop applications.

MikeHart

Quote from: dawlane on October 12, 2019, 07:32:35
Quote from: bsisko on October 10, 2019, 22:48:53
You either have to have either Visual Studio installed (MSBuild) or a MinGW and set up in the config.winnt.txt file to build Desktop applications.

It could be that the path in the config file that ships with CX was already compatible with his setup.