SyntaxBomb Christmas Magazine #1 - We need you!

Started by Qube, October 07, 2019, 07:02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

is it ok if i (try to) write an article on a system used in video games which can be applied to real life ?
(it will be short and only conceptual, but quite interesting for video games developpers imo)

i guess that the category would be :
Or anything you think will be great for the magazine. It doesn't have to be a topic from above

Qube

With baseball bat in hand and finger hovering over the ban button...

The December 10th deadline for article submissions is creeping up on us. Those who have confirmed to submitting could you verify that you are still doing so? thanks.

Those that haven't said if they are going to contribute to our 1st Christmas magazine then get them fingers tapping! Doesn't have to be a long essay, crazy in-depth or the most exciting thing since SyntaxBomb ;D - Go on, whip something up to keep iWasAdam busy :P

Confirmed who are submitting :

( updated 2019-11-26 )

Qube
iWasAdam
Dabz
Xerra
3DzForMe
MrmediamanX
RemiD
bsisko
Steve Elliott
STEVIE G
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Thanks for the reminder, just gotta get the old typewriter out...... It's only missing the one key
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Amanda Dearheart

Add me to the confirmation list.  Will try to get my article in by the end of the week!
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Steve Elliott

I'm really busy finishing up some work right now, but will get something completeted by December 10th.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

STEVIE G

I was going to try to do something based on my experiences with Blitz as suggested by Mr Strange .... from Zvirus to Polymaniacs and maybe a little about the Syntaxbomb comps.  I suspect it'll bore the pants off of most but I'll try to keep it short and sweet  ;D

Steve Elliott

I doubt that Stevie, your work speaks for itself.  Be nice to hear your thought processes behind the magic though.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Coder Apprentice

Quote from: STEVIE G on November 25, 2019, 19:11:14
I was going to try to do something based on my experiences with Blitz as suggested by Mr Strange .... from Zvirus to Polymaniacs and maybe a little about the Syntaxbomb comps.  I suspect it'll bore the pants off of most but I'll try to keep it short and sweet  ;D

I would love to read some "behind the scenes" stories of your games. And of course from other people here too. The more the better!

Qube

Quote from: STEVIE G on November 25, 2019, 19:11:14
I suspect it'll bore the pants off of most but I'll try to keep it short and sweet  ;D
Of course you won't bore the pants off us :o - We're all coding geeks and freaks here so make it as long and in-depth as you fancy :D
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Dabz

Lol, its times like this you wonder where time goes! :D

I'm halfway through a arcade piece, you know, the good old days when you went to Blackpool and all that, I was off yesterday so thought champion, I'll get a bit done, but me mams oven broke so I was running about sorting that... It wouldnt of been too bad, but, she was adamant she wanted one yesterday and wanted to go and look, but like any modern day white goods shopping, half the places like currys and that didnt have what she wanted in stock and the majority is order only, finally got her one though, so had to trail all the way to bloody Middlesbrough to pick it up! :/ You have all these big shops, with shite loads of goods displayed, and they have none in... It's no wonder the high street is on its knees... Whats the bloody point in going if you cannot get what you want there and then, you may as well just order from your armchair!

Anyway, it wasnt such a bad afternoon, while she was looking, who'ing an harring on... I accidentally bought an Oculus Quest, lol, pure accidental mind :P Though, only had a quick go this morning, seems canny, if that Oculus Link thing is any good that'll be great as I'll get my Rift games on there, and I do fancy a bit of Lone Echo at the minute! :D

I digress (As always), hope I can plough on with a bit today! :)

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

iWasAdam

QuoteI'm halfway through a arcade piece, you know, the good old days when you went to Blackpool and all that
YAY!
I've got mine sorted complete with gran, pyrex cups and everything!

MrmediamanX

I've currently got an annual christmas game done, it's low key stealth mode at the mo but if anyone wants to give it jam here's
the link.
https://mrmediamanx.itch.io/santa-n-elvie?secret=7jbfBjIsnYUl2Q6qYNQIWJqF80

[edit]
had to change the link.

i'll get writing a short article about something, not to sure what though.
i'm also working on a cinematic style platformer, though short it tell's an interesting story.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Steve Elliott

I'm halfway through a arcade piece, you know, the good old days when you went to Blackpool and all that

I thought the idea was to have the theme of your contribution a secret...I was going to do the same about holidays at Butlins back in the day.  The general buzz of the arcade machines there, the sounds, the atmosphere and general excitement of seeing the latest machines that year.  Plus some of the closer to home arcades; even now hearing the sound of a dying Pacman brings back so many memories - such a distinctive sound!  No point in repeating a similar page or 2 though.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote from: Steve Elliott on November 26, 2019, 22:09:48
I thought the idea was to have the theme of your contribution a secret
Mine is a secret :P

Quote from: Steve Elliott on November 26, 2019, 22:09:48
No point in repeating a similar page or 2 though.
Sure there is :) your memories are yours alone along with your experiences. I and I'm sure others would love to read about your personal take on the good old days of the buzz arcades gave. Me, Isle of Wight, Sandown pier, Kung-fu master and Star Wars :P

Go for it ;D

Until the next time.

Dabz

I thought the idea was to have the theme of your contribution a secret

Erm, looks like my "gobshite" mode kicked in inadvertently there! :D

Still, it doesnt matter, it's sorta like going to get a new shirt in Next for a party, it's a knocky bet someone will have done the same and you get there and someone goes "nice shirt", and they are wearing the same one, difference here is we'll have different fond memories when wearing the same shirt, which will show! ;)

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit