Holiday Swapz + Source - My first BlitzMax Game

Started by Qube, June 15, 2017, 07:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Way back in 2007 ( was this really 10 years ago ) it was approaching Christmas and I decided to write a match-3 Christmas game. It was more of a personal bit of fun and inspired by the superior Holiday Bonus by GreyAlien.

Attached is the full BMax source + graphics + music + Windows exe.

99% of the graphics and animations were done in the long gone Caligari trueSpace. Using my advanced 3D modelling skills *cough* I aimed to make the models fun with the simplest of geometry.

For the music I wanted to create original festive inspired type tunes. They were done in an early version of Renoise using a Soundfont plugin with my 11mb Soundfont created from the 8mb base AWE64 Soundfont modified with different instruments available at that time ( if you're interested in the finer details ).

The source is written in my usual brute force attack mode approach. Is there any other way for hobby coding?

Download linky : http://www.syntaxbomb.com/files/HolidaySwapz.zip
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

LineOf7s

Thank you - that's very cool of you to share.
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"

therevills

Quote from: Qube on June 15, 2017, 07:16:01
Way back in 2007

Blast from the past! I remember going thru your code thinking how the hell does this work  :D

MikeHart

Thanks for sharing. At first I wanted to shout a "wrong forum" to you but then I saw the source code. Fits in both then :D