How Many using AGK

Started by Pfaber11, September 27, 2019, 07:32:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Nasher

Position your sprite out of the visible range?

Oh, and of course another AGK-er lol
Did we keep count? How many here sofar?

I think this is mainly a Blitz community, with some of us 'defecting' to AGK after finding out about it's features.  :))

But let's face: both have their plusses and minuses.
I do prefer AGK though, for my needs.

3DzForMe

QuotePosition your sprite out of the visible range?

Thats what I opted for - although I considered it 'cheating....' - works though  ^-^

[EDIT] was tempted to do a FPS test to see if putting the sprites off screen would make a discenrable difference..... Dunno though. Can't be mithered - its working well for now ;)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

plenatus

Here is another AGK-er too.  8)

Pfaber11

The only thing I don't like about AGK is the fact there are no free books on using it don't know why but there you go. On the plus side the documentation is really good in my opinion and if you have an idea what's needed is usually sufficient .Blitz 3d on the other hand when I was using it I had several free e books for it which was great. There are a few videos on you tube though but I would rather have books myself . Happy coding .
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

plenatus

Free is not always good. On the one hand, you want to earn money with your games, on the other hand, but you want to get books for free. These books must also write someone. Good stuff should cost a little.

fairgood

re number of users of AGK
Steamspy shows the following for steam owners
https://steamspy.com/search.php?s=appgamekit
At least 50,000 for AGK classic on steam but then that would probably include the
owners from the free giveaway

Pfaber11

That's not bad about what I would of thought . Should imagine there are at least 6 of them working hard so I suppose they are making a living . You know coder9 I agree with what you said . Might have to buy the official AGK Tutorial . I would also like the shader pack to see if I can get to grips with shaders as well. It would be nice if TGC could do an online coarse in mastering AGK. .
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Hotshot

I used(AGK Classic) it sometime :)

xaby

I am also using App Game Kit 2 / App Game Kit Studio
Mostly to try out tech on my OUYA. I miss some GUI support, would use it to create more tools. At the moment I have to switch between PureBasic and App Game Kit for some ideas, I have.

3DzForMe

Steve Elliott

agk studio 2 here.

Yeah, me too.  :)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

plenatus

AGK Studio v2 does not exist at the moment...  :))

3DzForMe

QuoteAGK Studio v2 does not exist at the moment... 

troodat, dunno where I got the '2' from.... I suppose if its not 'classic' then its kinda v2, my version number at the mo: