Unity Tutorials

Started by therevills, November 05, 2017, 05:17:31

Previous topic - Next topic

plenatus

Indeed Visual Studio is a nice piece of software.There are also some nice extensions to make the coding smoother.I dislike C# but i use it for C++.

Btw. my son is 10 years old and is also interest in coding.
He take a book "coding for kids with c++" but i think its a little bit to heavy.
Especially because our native language is not english.
But he is young and have time enough to learn what he want.

3DzForMe

Quote.  What?, eh? - The primary IDE ( for code ) in Unity is Visual Studio and is probably one of the best IDE's you can get. It's far from second rate :o       

I've used various incarnation s of visual studio, when it works it's great, on this occasion however the installation failed, it possibly wasn't to clear from the screen grab.

IDEal is smaller, and.... It works. Working is kind of a pre requisite in order for something to warrant rating. :-[

I was relishing using C sharp again ( I'd a job working from home using it a while ago ), regretably, it failed to install. Struggles to be even second rate...... If it doesn't work. Bloatware for ya!

I'm almost past, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again post installation failures. B3D plus IDEal just.... Works, yep, on Windows 10. Shockaroony!
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

QuoteI've used various incarnation s of visual studio, when it works it's great, on this occasion however the installation failed, it possibly wasn't to clear from the screen grab.
Ah, I see now, the installation of VS failed :o

QuoteI'm almost past, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again post installation failures.
Yup, if an install fails then that's it for me. I won't faff about for ever in a day trying to get it working. Install or get deleted, that's the best way to keep your sanity ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

QuoteInstall or get deleted, that's the best way to keep your sanity ;D   

Unity's blown it, BRL's finest product in my view - for all its recent misgivings - still works. B3D Rocks ;)

BMax comes a close 2nd. And yes, I've Visual Express community edition installed on my old W7 560p computer - it is a good IDE, when it wants to behave. ;)

The old dev box seems to have bit the dust big style today - its has buckets of use over the decade of use - it would appear the Big Dark Adventure was one adventure to far - but it was good enough to let me get my Speccy Dev files off before pushing up the daisies.

Heres a thought, Visual Express works well on my cheap 2nd hand 32 bit laptop - maybe it struggles with 64 bit???  Yeah, yeah, I know..... ^-^

Pfaber11

I had to download it twice failed the first time . took ages too. The first time I downloaded the 2017 version then on my second attempt I downloaded the 2019 version that worked.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

3DzForMe

I went for 2019 version, didn't work, it's had its chance. I'm quite impressed with AGK s offerings.