What is your fave IDE?

Started by 3DzForMe, September 25, 2019, 08:14:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Elliott

A white background and dark text looks cleaner, for about 5 minutes.  For long periods a darker background is far far more comfortable on the eyes - especially at night.

Of course the next question to ask after What is your fave IDE - is why?  What features make it your fave?
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Xerra

Quote from: Kryzon on September 26, 2019, 16:06:47
Regarding women though, I'd go for any and all colors =D

That made me chuckle :)
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Dabz

I just use whats there, though, I enjoy using B4x's IDE, its pretty much setup like VB, but a little more basic, but, thats why I like it, your not drowned in bollocks that you'll never use.

Blide is an obvious choice of IDE's for Blitz, its basically that sort of level of quality all BRL's languages should of been bundled with, but instead we got the same sorta setup over and over and nothing really changed while other "indie" type languages were getting better in that department.

I like to have a play with a bit of app->server->app shenanigans, and obviously writing scripts, then uploading them over and over is a pain, even if you write a little batch file to FTP the files up... So when I found ICEcoder (https://icecoder.net/),  I found that awesome, yeah, you miss out on more advanced features, but for me, coding scripts through the browser then just saving it was a joy... Highly recommended!

On Linux, I like Geany, I always plump for that if working with a desktop, console only, I dont mind Nano, it is was it is and does the job of enterage of text... So yeah, mixed bag for me!

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Hotshot

SharpDevelop 5.1  (It is C# and I know it is old but it is really good!)

Raylib (No Messing about with Compiler Options like you do with Allergo or SDL or SFML as install Raylib then look the code example then run the program! That it! If you change the code then save it then run it!)

jMonkeyEngine(installed it and look example program and run it and that it!) but it not my fav ide thought.

3DzForMe

I forgot to mention Aptana for web stuff  ;)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Naughty Alien

..QT Creator..very handy, solid IDE..

Dabz

That Aptana looks nice, but, I'll stick with ICECoder on my server, if it aint broke and all that! ;)

On about text editors, I did write one years ago for webbased stuff, not sure if Qube remembers it, I named it Sanitary Pad... I thought it was funny! :P

Inner child and all that! :P

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Qube

QuoteOn about text editors, I did write one years ago for webbased stuff, not sure if Qube remembers it, I named it Sanitary Pad... I thought it was funny! :P
I remember ;D - I also remember sending you Christmas music I was doing for a game in the early hours of the morning :P ( many years ago )
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Dabz

Moons, many many moons ago! ;)

Dabz

3DzForMe

Quote from: RemiD on September 26, 2019, 15:16:53
maybe some of you will laugh at it, but i worked on a project using a computer, with a guy who was in his sixties, and to prevent tiring of his eyes, he used something like this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinhole_glasses
8)
(never tried, but why not...)

That is most awesome looking, especially if you have to hot desk. Otherwise - turn the contrast, birghtness and that down to what is comfortable for you. This helps to reduce eye strain  :)

QuoteOn about text editors, I did write one years ago for webbased stuff, not sure if Qube remembers it, I named it Sanitary Pad... I thought it was funny! :P

Was it down to the fact it kept your eyes from watering thru tiredness - love it!

IDEal still wins - apart from the minor grumble (that I keep forgetting about....) it can use the 'last' place you used as a compilation target - as opposed to your current one. Easy to resolve if you code regularly - I'm sporadic as hell these days coding, which doesn't help

Aurel [banned]

There are really nice and featured IDE-s editors out there but i am subjective and i use my own
AurelEdit..
(Y)

Kryzon

Aurel [banned]

Thanks Kryzon
in fact it is very simple ,open source , written and compiled with basic compiler, easy to modify etc..etc..
(Y)

3DzForMe

@Aurel, you use your own - mucho respect ;)

Hardcoal

Ideal when i was in blitz3d
Blide when im on blitzmax

Blide is not bad.
But the developer didn't add buttons for going back and forth in locations where you were
So I need to suffer this stupidity and get along.
I never understood people who charge money for their products and than forgot to add one simple thing to their project that is so essential
Code