Fiction idea

Started by Matty, November 23, 2019, 23:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Here you go from my journal...

Another fiction idea - 2019-11-23
Another fiction idea

An entire society of vampires is a prison planet.

A group of normals are placed on the planet for a period of x years.

The vampires will be freed from their prison and allowed into society normally if they can avoid killing the normals for the duration of the incarceration.

The normals are also criminals and they are seen as expendable.

If any of the normals are killed by a vampire the entire planet is eradicated.

If all survive for x years or die of natural causes then all are freed.

Page:8035

Derron

You cannot banish suicidal thoughts - and if moral is saying you should not kill yourself, then a suicidal vampire will just kill a normal human (as this would be "morally acceptible" for him ...it is in his nature). Planet eradicated.

bye
Ron

Qube

This one is easy... A complete society of vampires vs a group of mere mortals. All the vampires need to do is wait for all the humans to die of natural causes like lack of food, age or illness and then all the vampires are free to go. As vampires don't age then waiting for the humans to die would not be an issue for them. Also once a human dies of natural causes the vampires can drink their blood to aid in their survival.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Matty

Thanks Qube.

Derron, your post seems quite odd in response to mine?

Derron

Why?

People (vampires or humans) are still behaving kind of weird. Animals suffer if their partners die - humans (and vampires - who live way longer) suffer way stronger compared to most animals (elephants and apes - surely some other "higher intellect" animals are also suffering more than others).
So suicidal thoughts will be common amongst the prisoners and vampires based on loosing partners, being unhappy for rejected love, for whatever reason ....

Laying the fate of the whole planet into each individuals hands ... will so lead to issues.

Dunno what is "quite odd in response to mine" there? You wanted to create a quandary (need to use the word I just learned two weeks ago :D) - but it fails here as decisions cannot be done strictly based on the rules you created.

bye
Ron

Matty

I suppose Derron I take issue with your comments because you seem to imply that personal suffering ought to lead to self destructive behaviour in many instances.

Derron

"in many instances".

If Only 0.0001% of people would suffer in a "self destructive behaviour" this means that 1 of 1.000.000 would commit suicide.
Now say 0.0001% is too much and we think 0.000005% sounds better ... means if that planet has 50.000.000 inhabitants (which is not that much - just think of our 7.000.000.000 human beings) then 1 would possible commit suicide. Maybe percentage of people not liking others are similar ...

And to destroy all other it does not need a weapon, nor does it need something like weeks of planning or months full of conspiracy ... it just needs a moment of biting and sucking (or whatever kills the human).

So your rules of "what kills the planet" are having so low barriers that it is too easy for an individual to break them.

sum: you need rules so that "outliers" do not count for all. You can only do that if the affected group is so small that they can regulate it on their own (eg 10 persons in room could check if one wants to go to the "red button" to collaborate with the enemy).

bye
Ron