MIX-IT-UP Comp Entry - HoneyThings

Started by iWasAdam, September 19, 2019, 11:57:21

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

OK. Lets get this thing started. Here is the first thing you are presented with:

And maybe a bit later...

I'm sorta trying to go for a textless guide. Which makes it a rpg/tactical/puzzler concept

As you can see there is a jelly bean, a honey pot and a fly-swat. Now get to the exit!

iWasAdam

Delicious Ones - you MUST defend me....  :P

iWasAdam

thought of the day: Monster Disco!

Now how do I make them all move to the beat?  :o

Derron

do you mean "dance" or "move"?
Dance: give them certain animation "setups" (like "jump") and then play animations suiting to the music "jump energetically" etc.

If you meant "move" then you know your music and you know your synthesizer: react to certain patterns "rising tone" "speed change" ... or bump-sounds with a certain instrument.
Or just give your music hidden information values (which your system already allows if I remember correctly) - or at least "callbacks" could be called.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

hmmm. Not quite sure yet. but I think I've got the speakers and the disco lights.

80's deep synth pop....

Anyone know how cream reacts to loud music?  8)

Derron

Maybe make waves on top of the cream...like ripples on water?

But do not overdo that. Jumping to music might already look convincing enough for the player.

PS: do not forget to have some music notes flying around next to the speaker ;-)

Bye
Ron

iWasAdam

Hmm... Strings - check, Horns - check, Drums - check... We got a party going on!  ;D

CAKERO DISCO!

Derron

Kids versus cakes - Plants vs Zombies - Minigame incoming? ;D

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

mmmm.....  ;D Great idea for the next boss

3DzForMe

The sheer genius of your pixelated imagery is something to behold  8)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

iWasAdam

Working on some sound stuff today - who would know that soo much goes into a footstep sound. Find, tweak, test, retest, noise. start over. more noise, less noise, add filter, repeat...

confetti?

CONFETTI !!!

Door Slam!

iWasAdam

Need to find a sound - not sure what sound, I\ll know when I hear it and it works. Lets look in this folder, which has more folder which has more stuff
41012 different sound files!

but that's just one location, there are loads more to check...  :o

Derron

describe the sound you are looking for (use case) and we could try to come up with some "synonyms" or "equally sounding effects" to narrow it down - better than checking 40k sound files.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

I dont know what the sound is or what it sounds like - it's a case of going through everything until I find the 'right' sound that 'fits'  :-[

Derron

Yeah this is why I asked for what it has to fit ... a unit getting attacked, a button being activated, a powerup collected ... dancing moves, ... describe for what you need it and people can come up with words/descriptions as what they would describe a suiting sound.

bye
Ron