The Wildest West

Started by 3DzForMe, September 13, 2019, 17:35:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Gotta say that this looks pretty intriguing and look forward to playing it ;D

Now enough reading comments and get coding :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

RemiD

wrong thread, sorry !

@3dzforme>>curious to test your game !

iWasAdam

I'm using a very small screen res (on my surface) and the window is too big - any way of making the default smaller?

3DzForMe

Yep, 1st on my list of bug fixes!

I confess there's some Gremlins to address, IDEal is the IDE I use, I even spent time losing one of the backdrops to apologize for the need of a day one patch! I'm no software conglomerate, so it may stretch to day 2 to 5, ;)

IDEal can you the last DIR you worked from, causing serious version control hell and hair loss!
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

iWasAdam

3DzForMe

I've got that work thing to go and do shortly...... might squeeze another small compilation out this morning - no promises though!   ;D

Will have a fresh compile out sometime in the next 4-5 days - gotta go away with work.

BasicBoy

Could you make a video (YouTube or whatever) of you playing your game for a few minutes?

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it!

Did you get any Player 2 AI working in the end?

Steve Elliott

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it!

Did you get any Player 2 AI working in the end?

Yeah it seems very buggy, the water floods and I drown for a start.  But apparently you press 2, not 1 for a 1 player game (so AI is the other player).
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

Yeah, terribly sorry, I'm squashing bugs as I write this on the way to work on the train. Hope fully the competition s still have a bug fix week, yes, the AI will kill you in......2 player mode (at the mo) and the logic to let you evade the water is also requiring a bug squash. My team, eh that'll be me then, is on it in between work.

Steve Elliott

Good luck with the bug fixes, upload again before the bug fix deadline so we can help spot any more bugs before judging.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

Cheers, I usually like to appreciate the view s from the train, am setting for glimpses. My son said the instructions cube was crap, the camera view didn't let you see it...  At least that's fixed, and 1 starts a ..  1 player game now. Still a farmload of bugs to squash. Sorry for not...   

Derron

Must be pretty cold in your train as you wear a hat :)

Hope you enjoy your coding mojo covering more and more of your spare time - but please take a look at the daylight every 1 or 2 hours  8)

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

..... Providing a 800 X 600 version I was Adam,  not worth uploading another version until I squish bugs. How can a 12 month old train from Peterborough to Gatwick not have power outlets! Looks like I'LL see a bit of the view after all!

It was bloody cold this morning, the train was late, and I'm fighting of the lergy still, a whisky chaser at Portsmouth harbour should help there!

Derron

Unplug one of the surveillance cameras ... they are surely some kind of AC powered :)

Not far from you (globally seen ;)) and we have 20+ °C here in Germany (short throusers and shirt - in West European October).
BTW our ICEs have one between the seats - under the arm rests. IC or EC you must be lucky to have "German waggons" as they most of the time have some.

Maybe you should look for a second pack of laptop batteries. Or if you are brave and have Wifi on the train: use your phone or a tablet to code via VNC at a remote compute :)

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

See, I (could) use my phone as a mobile hotspot to email my .BB s to my work laptop, then hotspot to my work laptop... But work are a bit precious about that, so.... I'm going to work on designing a car port for the side of the house, might do it Friday..... But wait...  I could be bug fixing, however I also have a dead mini for want of an alternator....... Decisions, Decisions. My daughter's driving test in t-minus 2 weeks, that's why we bought the mini!