AGK studio two week trial

Started by Pfaber11, September 02, 2019, 12:03:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

AGK studio will be free to try for two weeks as of 3rd September. Can't wait to download it tomorrow and see what I think of it.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Pfaber11

Well no sign of the free trial on steam yet for studio. might take a look on TGC site and see if it's available there.
Been on TGC site and it says trial coming soon . I hope they mean today as advertised .
Still no trial yet I guess they're ironing out the bugs .
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

Pakz

I recently looked up how to fix the problem with the bluetooth keyboard and appgamekit mobile. A change in the ios settings fixed the opening and closing quotation marks issue.

They seem to have added some kind of beta screen designer feature in it recently. Not sure what it can be used for so far. I have also made no time to try the original appgamekit. Trying out the studio version is not really what I want to do now either. The trial is limited for a fixed period this year I assume?

Rick Nasher

Pfaber11

Well I got it and have tried it out . My honest opinion is it's a nice IDE . Don't care for the scene editor . Not a lot in it really between classic and studio . Thought I would hate it but in fact I got on with it after using it for a few minutes , only thing I couldn't find at first was the scene editor but all functioning now . I do think for what it is the price is a bit steep and the only benefit to me is the new vulkan engine which my computer doesn't support so pointless me having it right now and open GL will be supported for many years to come . I'm in no rush to upgrade anytime soon , just hope they intend to keep on supporting classic . Was nice to try it though without it costing me .
    Is it possible to have dark mode in classic AGK for the whole IDE I can do it for the input screen but the rest of it I don't appear to be able to change. Thoughts anyone .

Pfaber11

Well my two week trial has expired and am pleased to say I like AGK studio. I think they made the right decision in using the same language as AGK classic . Nobody really wants to learn a new language and I for one think it's great . Seen a few comments elsewhere saying they don't like it because it doesn't use OOP but that is the whole point for me . I like and understand basic some of it anyway and like that it is a procedural language. To me it makes sense and I wouldn't want it any other way. I really hate the thought of OOP and although I can grasp how it works I really don't care for it . Not my cup of tea. Anyway talking of tea I think it's time to make one . Bonjour.

Steve Elliott

Yep, use what makes you productive and 'clicks' with you.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

QuoteI really hate the thought of OOP and although I can grasp how it works I really don't care for it . Not my cup of tea. Anyway talking of tea I think it's time to make one . Bonjour.

Likewise - Bonsoir Mon Amie'.    8)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1