December 04, 2020, 02:00:50 PM

Author Topic: Material Editor Function inside the games  (Read 825 times)

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
Material Editor Function inside the games
« on: August 21, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
hello, I work a lot with 3dmax, and for the models of my games I use 3dmax9 with b3d-pipeline.

I tried to use newer 3dmax and export to .x but I have some faults for not having b3d pipeline material within 3dsmax.

Then I imagined !, :), because I do not make a material editor, a function that I can put into my games, and that when I press a key, the game will pause and go into "Material Editor" mode, to which I can change the materials, colors, textures, blends, brightness of any object, record the material in a file, and the game at the start updates the materials according to the files found on the edited objects.

I could share the code so that we still use it in blitz3d.
maybe it's a good idea, or maybe nobody would be interested

I am looking forward to sharing many of my blitz3d codes, but I would not know where to do it.

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
Re: Material Editor Function inside the games
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:14:14 PM »
Now I remember that my brilliant vision is very similar to the materials editor of the LUMION program, it is surely a coincidence :)

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »
since you using Blitz3d, i recommend to use Gile, latest version for your material things..very nice lightmap editor and material editor at once..

Offline RemiD

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
if you still use Blitz3d, try "Fragmotion", it is very good to make meshes / materials / textures / joints bones / skinned vertices / animations and the b3d export is clean...
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal