Logicenix - sliding block puzzle game

Started by zxretrosoft, August 20, 2019, 08:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

zxretrosoft

Hi friends!

I created a new indie game - Logicenix. It's a classic puzzle with new rules (one could say).

The closer the center, the larger the square you can move. Simple but challenging. No time, just you, mouse and puzzle. You can choose from 105 different fields and 9 levels of shuffle.

Interestingly, the whole game is on 1000 lines in PureBasic (except defining fields). It took me a week.

I hope, you will like it!
Enjoy!  8) ::)

Direct download (exe):
https://www.instaluj.cz/logicenix/download

Product page on indiexpo.net:
https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/logicenix

Derron

Dobre / Ahoi :-)

The game idea looks nice and kind of unique.

Ideas which sprang to my mind were:

- use more colorful symbols (optional)
So people can grasp easier which slot contains what element. It helps the eye to identify stuff faster if they can use colors next to just the form of objects

- create an arcade variant
The arcade variant just requires to have a symbol "once" on a field - once you rotate the right thing on the right spot - mark it "solved". Keep it "solved" even if the item moves away. Once all spots are marked "solved" you win the level.

This would easen the game if someone does not like too complex / hard puzzles - and so it would increase potential audience for your game.
This might then work as well for a mini game in other games.

bye
Ron

zxretrosoft

Thank you very much for your feedback, Derron!

The idea with the arcade variant is nice, I'll think about it  8)

Derron

The arrow _looks_ like truncated because of the very bright spot at the corner:

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

You should think hard about the name "jigsaw" as this refers to a very specific type of puzzle - one made with interlocking pieces.
Your puzzle is actually a sliding block puzzle!

Do a quick google in image mode to see what I mean :)

iWasAdam

suggest changing the font underneath the icons as the verticals seem to join together making it hard to read the text.
E.G.
SHUFFLE looks like SHIFRE
SOUND = SUIND
I didn't realise it was field I thought it was RELO!

You have both field and levels - are they the same thing? field is not a good term level is.

'differences' is too long a word, you need to find a much shorter version, E.G. changes

I would also suggest looking at the icons and try to standardise. E.G. try to give an icon that people expect of what the words mean and the sort of icons people are used to seeing.
E.G. there are a lot of similarities with cd/media player controls "shuffle", "random", etc
A good way is to use those exact icons in the same way.

Steve Elliott

Yeah the text is barely readable because of the font characters having very thin parts - it resembles using a pen that is running out of ink!

Congrats on getting the game finished though, I haven't played it so can't comment on gameplay at this time.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

zxretrosoft

Thank you so much guys!  8)

iWasAdam: Thanks! I thought so, I already fixed it. It's caused by my English  ??? Thank you!