YOU'D NEVER BELIEVE IT...

Started by Dabz, August 16, 2019, 20:01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabz

So here is what happened...

Right, I got up this morning, went down stairs, made a coffee and had a ciggie, done, I headed for the PC for my daily update on youTube about the shite AAA publishers are pulling, I was feeling a little peckish, so, I grabbed a banana and made my way up the woodern staircase. After a bit of browsing, watching the odd vid, I stumbled on how EA are selling an in-app purchase that costs a whooping $170, yep, its the Apex Legends Vapour Axe... $170... I was shocked, literally, I was that shocked, I didnt realise I squished the end of the banana leaving about 3" of it sticking out of my gob, and my hands just flopped to the side of the chair, dropping the banana skin to boot on the laminate floor... I was there like that watching the video for a good 10 mins, gobsmacked!!!

When it was finished, banana eventually swallowed, I went to get ready and just muttered to myself, "Your f***ing joking!", I couldn't believe it... $170!!!

Anyway, I made bait for work, quick tab again, then headed off to the plant, roll on 8 hours later and I came back in, knackered, had a coffee while my dinner was microwaving [I am single, SO DONT JUDGE ME!!!], anyway, fed and water, I decided to have a shower, and this is where it goes down hill!

I left my bathrobe this morning on the back of my computer chair, so I go in, walk to the PC, and bosh... I stand on the banana skin, well, you should of seen it... I was off!

I skated about 3 metres across the room, and cracked off the cupboard door, nose first, I hit the deck like a hot snot, tears in my eyes and everything, so I just sat there on the floor for a couple of minutes, like a divvy, eventually I got up, still teary eyed and cursing, I walked back to the computer and, well, have you ever stood on a plug (UK peeps will appreciate this more then anyone else), I stood on it with my right foot, pain shot right up my leg, and it just, well, collapsed on me, I managed to get my footing and started hobbling forward, and then... I stubbed my little toe off the computer desk, I squealed in pain, I just put my hand down on the desk to take my weight, which turned out the keyboard was there and I was pressing on that... And I dont know how I've done it, but somehow while nursing my little pinky, and just using the keyboard as a rest...

I've only gone and bought one of these:-

https://tinyurl.com/y35moyp9

I have no luck me sometimes you know, people think I buy all these daft gadgets on purpose, pfffft, I wish!

So, there we are... True story that... Honest!!!  :P

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Qube

Lol, that's quite a similar story to how I bought the Oculus Quest :))

So we can expect some super cool 360 VR videos? ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Quote from: Qube on August 16, 2019, 20:52:11
Lol, that's quite a similar story to how I bought the Oculus Quest :))

So you'v ridden your squeezed banana too?
That somehow sounds ... "strange"  ;D

@ Dabz
Seems you survived the day - there is so much yet to come. Please be aware of rakes laying around on your meadows.

bye
Ron

Dabz

So we can expect some super cool 360 VR videos?

Hopefully, when work calms down a bit and I can actually get out there and do a bit!

Seems you survived the day - there is so much yet to come. Please be aware of rakes laying around on your meadows.

Yep, barely mind Ron, I was pleased to get to bed!  ;D

Oh, and all rakes within a 25m radius of my house are banned!  :P

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Xerra

Should be a law against stupid micro-transaction prices. I don't mind DLC but shit like that is just pulling in the kids with stupid parents that leave their credit card numbers in the playstation or computer.

My sister (stupid) did exactly this and found a load of fornite shite had been charged onto her account by one of my nephews who hadn't realised (stupid) he was paying real money out for his cosmetic crap.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

col

@Dabz
Is it wrong that I pissed myself laughing at your story  :))
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Dabz

Should be a law against stupid micro-transaction prices.

I dunno, I dont personally like them myself, never bought into it, but if they have to exist, and a game requires card details, then it should be 18+ only, straight away, big stickers plastered all over the box, or for digital, a big fat notice before you hit the "Buy Now" button. If it has these lootbox's that is based on chance, and you have to buy them, then it should be really regulated properly, the percentages of getting stuff should be tested independently too (As well as it should be stated that it has this gambling mechanic in it as well), and finally, publishers/devs shouldnt be allowed to implement store fronts through updates... If a game doesnt have a store at launch, then thats it.

But generally, yeah, they are killing gaming, I have no interest in buying games now really.

Is it wrong that I pissed myself laughing at your story

Eeeeee, laughing at the plight of others... Thats disgraceful col! ;) :P Hehehe

Dabz