August 25, 2019, 12:21:19 AM

Author Topic: Locking media files  (Read 128 times)

Offline Pfaber11

Locking media files
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:50:01 AM »
Hi was just wondering how to lock my media files . Currently I just hide them but it's too easy to get around this . Thanks in advance.

Offline Naughty Alien

Re: Locking media files
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:09:35 AM »

Offline Derron

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »
As there is always a moment in which you need to have your assets "unsecured" there is always a chance to rip them.

encrypted files: unencrypted when passing to GPU/audio-output
encrypted data: unencrypted when rendered/played
So use the most simplest solution to avoid "easy peasy copy files": xor the data and on reading "un-xor" them.

bye
Ron

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »
Of coarse this is not a problem with Android .apk files but is on the pc. would of thought TGC would of had a solution.
I'll have a route around and see what I can come up with.

Offline Kris

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »
I was thinking about starting a topic that we should "lobby" for a built in optional encryption for media content. My take on this that it doesn't have to be anything "hacker proof" just so people cannot easily browse through images, sounds etc. Some kind of digital fence that makes them feel taking anything or replacing content is illegal since the files are not just laying around there in a folder ready to use. At least something on desktop systems.

Until then here is a very good article by Steve Vink about how to write your own encryption in AGK.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/outbound?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegamecreators.com%2Fpages%2Fnewsletters%2Fnewsletter_issue_151.html%2310

Offline blinkok

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 11:58:15 PM »