fixing improving Blitz3d

Started by RemiD, August 11, 2019, 12:31:18

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

Quotethe latest github release from BRL (For MSVC 2010 and later) compiles without a problem for me.
thank you for telling me this because i have used an older version of MSVC... so that may be why...

MikeHart

I think their last commit stated that it was done to make it compatible with a specific version. I used the community version 2013 or 2015 back then. Make sure you install the needed libs. Then it builds smoothly.

Amanda Dearheart

I do not know if this interests you, but I am working on a Visual scripting interface for B3d, as well as CerberusX.  Since I am working on this in my spare time alone, it will take over a year to complete.
I am open to suggestions.
If you like, I can start posting updates on the forum.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

MikeHart

Quote from: bsisko on September 16, 2019, 23:39:39
I do not know if this interests you, but I am working on a Visual scripting interface for B3d, as well as CerberusX.  Since I am working on this in my spare time alone, it will take over a year to complete.
I am open to suggestions.
If you like, I can start posting updates on the forum.

Good luck. Anyone can post devlogs on our forum, if they are CX related. Suggestions, nope. I have my own plans to work on. Just heads up, CX might go through some bigger changes in the future. To be safe, you rather work with your own fork as a backend.

Derron

Quote from: MikeHart on September 17, 2019, 13:43:20
Good luck. Anyone can post devlogs on our forum, if they are CX related. Suggestions, nope. I have my own plans to work on. Just heads up, CX might go through some bigger changes in the future. To be safe, you rather work with your own fork as a backend.

Feel free to post about this (and your ideas) in a thread here - or link to threads which are worth to get read.

bye
Ron

RemiD

after having done a few tests with Blitz3d NG, and noticing a few abnormal crashes and not seeing what is the benefit to use it compared to Blitz3d, i am back at the idea to do some (necessary) mods / addons for Blitz3d.

can somebody, who has managed to build the source in a exe and actually use it (without bugs), explain the tools / libraries / steps necessary to do that

for now i have :
MSVC 6.0 + sp6 for msvc 6.0 (Bobysait apparently used that to create his addons)
dx7 sdk
freeimage 2.4.1
fmod 3.75

and i see that Mikehart suggests to use MSVC 10.0 (version 2013 or 2015), i am going to try that, anything else ?

thanks

(all my mods / addons will be shared and free)
btw, what kind of license do you suggest for my mods / addons ? same as Blitz3d license ? i want it to be free to use / open / read / modify / compile / distribute / make tools games with

Derron

BlitzMax NG seems to live fine with "LibPNG/zlib" - a kind of liberal licence without the restrictions of "gpl" or so. MIT is also a nice licence.

bye
Ron

RemiD

more info on how to open/build the source code :
Blitz3D open source release!

Workspace and project files are in MSVC 6.0 format.

Ide and Debugger require MFC which is included with MSVC 6.0, but not with later free/express versions of MSVC.

You can grab the prebuilt free version of blitz3d from www.blitzbasic.com.

Steps to build:

1) Install freeimage241 into same dir as blitz3d: http://monkeycoder.co.nz/downloads/freeimage241.zip

2) Install fmodapi375win into same dir as blitz3d: http://www.fmod.org/files/public/fmodapi375win.zip

3) Open blitz3d workspace in MSVC 6.0.

4) Build project 'bblaunch' using config 'Win32 Blitz3D Release'.

5) Output files should end up in _release subdir.

6) Also copy fmodapi375win/api/fmod.dll to _release/bin.

7) Done?
not sure if this correct, can somebody confirm ?

@Derron>>thanks for the suggestions, i see that Blitz3d is under the zlib/libpng license
The zlib/libpng License

Copyright (c) 2013 Blitz Research Ltd

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.

2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.

3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
i like it

MikeHart

I think you using the old repository.

Use that one. Easy to build
https://github.com/blitz-research/blitz3d_msvc2017

RemiD

@MikeHart>>thanks i will take a look

col

I have a VS 2017 version at

https://github.com/davecamp/blitz3d_msvc2017

Not sure if it's any good for what you want though.
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."