December 13, 2019, 05:04:50 PM

Author Topic: Monkey site down for maintenance or is it the end?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline GfK

Re: Monkey site down for maintenance or is it the end?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:02 PM »
So sorry to hear about your mam and doggle matey, your head must of been spinning! :(

Wow, shifted 2 and a bit stone, that takes some doing mind, so well done for that, I need to drop a bit myself really, not as half as active as I was and its coming to the point where I've got enough chins to open my own china town! :P

Anyway, good to hear your still kicking and everything is settled down! ;)

Dabz
It was weird - mum, never shed a tear.  Dog, I was a fucking wreck.  ::)

What you been on with anyway?  I remember you left FB a while back, I did too.  I don't go to that 'other' so-called programming/moaning/obituary/lookatme site any more either.  I hang about on Twitter but that's about it these days.
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
It was weird - mum, never shed a tear.  Dog, I was a fucking wreck.

Its a weird one, but surprisingly, that isn't uncommon mind... Though, I still understand how much of a nightmare you had, especially so close together, you probably was wondering where the next boot was coming from, thankfully, as it sound, there wasnt another one, so thats good!

What you been on with anyway?  I remember you left FB a while back, I did too.

Programming wise, just playing with AGK, when I can be arsed, erm, still at Nissan doing the fire maintenance thing, learnt italian, well, enough to get by and finally donned a pair of otter socks and my new love is diving, been chucking myself in the North-Sea, did some in Turkey and I've got a trip booked to Genoa in November to do a bit as well, so aye, its been all go! :)

Facebook wise, yep, I went back on for a little bit but people spoil it with their bollocks, so I come back off... I cannot be arsed with that, just because their living lies and as miserable as shit doesnt give them the right to inflict it on other people, and facebook is full of people like that, its shite and I just pulled the plug again... I dont want or need it, in fact, I try and keep out of negativity all together, okay you cannot dodge it all as the world seems to be built on it nowadays, but I do my best to make sure I'm cheery and not dreary! :D <--- See what I did there... Eh! Eh! :D

So, online social activity, pretty much here, and on the odd occasion, I log onto Twitter to have a pop at the odd MP when I read some complete bollocks they've spurted out in the news. Gordon Brown was the last one, pissed my pension up the wall, spent 5 mins as PM, wasnt elected directly (Which is apparently a big deal nowadays, but, not back then, just another "when it suits" setup), and the man dares to comment thinking he knows better, and when a bloke who is responsible for me working till I literally drop down dead talks utter shite, well, I need to have a word in his shell like, and Twitter is great for that! :D hehehe

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline GfK

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 09:57:40 PM »
I've been blocked on Twitter by Stan Collymore, and Alistair Stewart off of the news!  :))
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
Facebook wise, yep, I went back on for a little bit but people spoil it with their bollocks, so I come back off... I cannot be arsed with that, just because their living lies and as miserable as shit doesnt give them the right to inflict it on other people, and facebook is full of people like that, its shite and I just pulled the plug again... I dont want or need it, in fact, I try and keep out of negativity all together, okay you cannot dodge it all as the world seems to be built on it nowadays, but I do my best to make sure I'm cheery and not dreary!

I did exactly the same thing at the start of the year for the same reason. Friends keep asking where I've gone but I've yet to feel any kind of desire to go back. It's like watching other people's lives instead of just getting on with your own. Same kind of reason I hate reality TV shows - load of fucking bollocks.

Offline Derron

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 07:24:23 AM »
Same kind of reason I hate reality TV shows
Just think about _who_ would freely accept to be part of a reality show - are they what you could call "normal people" or are they in your opinion not hmm super mental healthy / "dumb" / less well educated / ... ? Think about that. Think about that when hearing someone say "but in TV they have shown that..." or "the people in that show yesterday did". They do not speak for YOU.
I do not watch TV anymore - except maybe if there is a news show running. Normally I read news and on my TV-screen I watch fictional stuff (movies and series).
I have a Facebook account just to post about updates of my game. Some years ago I needed it to see results of tests in the university as people uploaded photos of the result lists.
I also have a twitter account - just using them to automatically twitter out stuff I post for the game on Facebook.
All the other stuff is still happening via forums or email. Maybe I should move on to instragram before the masses finally left the sinking instagram ship for the next "to hype" thing.

bye
Ron

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:14 PM »
I couldn't care less about who would appear on a reality show. I just know I wouldn't ever be one of them. Can't stand that shit on the telly. Only thing our telly is used for is Netflix and playing DVD's or Blue Rays. The only thing I ever watch on the terrestrial channels is Match of the Day and the Snooker - when it's on. I used to watch Top Gear too but have never seen it since Clarkson and Co. departed.

Offline degac

• graphio.net
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019, 07:01:16 AM »
Damn.... again!
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2019, 08:12:54 AM »
It's not the fact that we've been bent over (again), but the loss of the help and resources that was stored there  :'(

Offline TomToad

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2019, 09:21:51 AM »
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »
Great tip :)