B3D help for W10

Started by 3DzForMe, August 09, 2019, 20:10:21

Previous topic - Next topic

3DzForMe

I know theres something you need to include in the root directory of a B3D exe to get it to work...  my foggy brains not recalling what it was at the mo....

Hmmm, this seems a ball ache:

https://appuals.com/fix-dplay-dll-is-missing-error/

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

I'm going to look at your link now Steve, however found this tooo....

https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php?topic=3919.15

Quotemethod 2 :
add the directplay dll with your executable (so game.exe and dplayx.dll in the same directory)
you can download dplayx.dll, online, or here :
rd-stuff.fr/directplay-dll-(5.3.2600.5512).zip
(you can probably use others versions, but i have found this one which works well !)

(and you also need to include fmod.dll with your executable... (so game.exe and fmod.dll in the same directory))

3DzForMe

Hmmm, it would appear I've got some version control issues - wasn't directplay causing the issue.

Maybe my days of coding are diminishing  :o - Actually, theres no maybe - they are!

Still -                                                     I won't lose my marvel of code stuff.

Thing is, my Demo installation script make my stuff work on my sons W10 computer, so.... its me circumventing (or not) the W10 installation process by trying to run stuff from dropbox that just 'works' on the old development laptop, which I hasten to add cost me 560p!

Steve Elliott

Maybe my days of coding are diminishing  :o - Actually, theres no maybe - they are!

Don't say that, I've always felt we owe it to ourselfs to keep the mind active, and what better way than logical coding?  Presently AGK is the nearest to Blitz3D syntax-wise.  Give it a try, at least it's constantly updated and runs on modern hardware without legacy problems.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

TomToad

Be sure to compile your code on a more recent version of B3D. I have a few older programs that would MAV on my machine until I recompiled them with an updated B3D.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Dabz

I'm the same really, I tinker on and that, but gone are the days were I'd be sat in my spare time coding away, look at the clock and think "Christ, I've only got 2 hours sleep before work" :D

When I wrote that BambooBasic thing, it was great, not a sprite in sight, it was all coding, juggling four languages across 3 platforms (Even learnt one as I was going, which was Vala, which I think I got most of my enjoyment from really), I honestly had a ball with it.

The biggest problem I've always had is that a project must hold interest for me, and 99 times out of a 100, when I get to the point where I've got to shine it up, I drop off the cliff and it gets abandoned.

Sad but true, and nowadays, I sort of know I'm wasting my time, so, just tinker, have a play.

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

RemiD

you need to have fmod.dll and dxplay.dll in the same directory than the exe...