Youve gotta laugh (turbo squid 3d models)

Started by Matty, August 08, 2019, 05:07:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Greetings friends,

In 2008 or 2009 I setup an account on turbo squid site where I could sell some products I made.

Over almost 10 years I was always under the 100 dollar threshold to claim the money.

Then in 2015 or 2016 I was really close to reaching the 100 dollars and they put the lower limit before you could claim up higher and I was under again.

Today, several more years later i receive an email saying my account has not been claimed in 11 years and therefore theyre taking whatever money is in it.

Nice way of doing business hey?

Very funny.

Qube

Typical of companies these days to have some fine small print which allows them to do this kind of thing. The reason they have such high minimum withdrawal limit is simply that 10,000's of people won't reach the limit and so it becomes extra cash for them.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Xerra

If you were that close then it was probably worth tipping yourself over the minimum by getting a mate to buy your product on the store and just giving him the cash. May not be a lot of money you were owed but it was still your money. Principle and all that.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

blinkok

Could you post a copy of the email? I'd be interested to see the wording

Derron

Maybe this affected you:
Between July and October 2018, TurboSquid made multiple attempts to contact artists who had unclaimed TurboSquid royalties for sales that occurred prior to 2014.  As TurboSquid operates within the State of Louisiana, we were obligated to surrender these unclaimed funds to the State by November 1, 2018.
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-modeling/general-info/getting-paid/old-unpaid-royalties-disappeared/

bye
Ron

Naughty Alien

..what a pile of crap..im sorry to hear this..you should top it up yourself or some of your friends and get money out..this sort of business practices is so much scam like..such losers..

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

TomToad

Quote.this sort of business practices is so much scam like
Yes,a scam, but not turbosquid.  By holding onto funds like this,turbosquid essentially becomes a bank. Most states here require banks to surrender any money that remains unclaimed after a certain period of time.
The bank (turbosquid) does not keep the money, it becomes extra revenue for the state of Louisiana.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

blinkok

All banks don't cap the amount you need to withdraw your money

Derron

As stated - IF this was the way I quoted - then this is not a decision by TurboSquid but the US federal state they are located in. the government FORCES the companies to hand them in the money which is not claimed.

This of course is a different story than the stuff with raising the bar - which is often done to avoid high costs for bank transfers (of course raising from eg 100 to 250 is a different thing than from 10 to 25 - as we have absolute basic costs + potential percentual fees).

bye
Ron 

TomToad

Derron

Is my post of this morning only visible to me? I posted (and quoted) exactly the same link  8)

bye
Ron

TomToad

Sorry, posting on my phone. Thought your quote was Matty quoting his email and totally overlooked the link.  :D