Deepfake Mania

Started by Kryzon, August 09, 2019, 18:57:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryzon

A (mostly) harmless use of the deep-fake technology:

This is hilarious.

Dabz

Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Amon

Coder Apprentice

I'm telling you. This will be illegal very soon.

Kryzon

I'd imagine it's already illegal, since it's using someone's likeness without their permission.
But in cases like this it's probably best to just tolerate it -- if you tried to sue the creators it could create a backlash meme with everyone using your image, similar to the Streisand Effect.

Coder Apprentice

I see your point with the Streisand Effect but the action is different. In a case of a Streisand Effect people spreading existing information that one tries to hide. In a case of a face change video somebody or a team actively creating something fake. That is what's gonna be illegal and they will go after the creators of the fake content. Simply motion picture/video as a visual medium is still the number one communication form when it comes to inform people and it's just too much power for the Average Joe to have to create misleading content.

But who knows. Maybe they won't do anything. And once all the current and future video hosting sites will be full of heavily modified content old school broadcast companies might have a comeback with their regulated good old TV where everything is real and produced by people who dedicate their life to true journalism, to inform the public with...unbiased content.

;D

This mustache video is so funny, and so creepy at the same time...can't stop watching it.

:D   

GaborD

That's soooo weird. Gotta love it.