Raspberry pi 4 Arrives

Started by Steve Elliott, June 24, 2019, 09:12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

QuoteNow I know it's not a true gaming laptop, but I didn't expect it to be getting this hot.
Laptops hate being under full load for extended periods of time and games ( especially high end 3D ) will make any laptop get all toasty and scream for mercy. Those whopping sized fans and heatsinks in desktop PC's are there for a bloomin good reason and laptops in their ever expanding quest to get thinner and thinner just generally are not made for gaming.

QuoteLaptop versions of PC are never as fast as Desktop PCs, because they contain 'mobile' versions of components.
You are right that most laptops have mobile / throttled on purpose components and also there are some high end gaming laptops that use full desktop components but unless you really really need one I just don't see the point due to their weight and extreme noise.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Agreed, laptops are not the best medium for games, even my phone does a better job on 3d gaming then most laptops, ghegheghe.