AGK NEWS!

Started by Coder Apprentice, August 02, 2019, 16:43:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Coder Apprentice

Maybe we could use this topic to let people know about any important news related to AGK.

New AppGameKit Classic version 2019.08.01 is out.
https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/appgamekit-classic-20190801-released

Coder Apprentice

Rick Nasher

FREE AppGameKit Studio MEGA Media Pack Released!

https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/free-appgamekit-studio-mega-media-pack-released

@Kris: Actually don't know if you want this here, for it's not actually a release of AGK, it's an add-on, but seemed like a good central place. However, if you think otherwise and intended your post differently, please let me know then I'll make a separate post.

Coder Apprentice

AppGameKit Studio version 2019.09.17 is out:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225137

Qube

Quote from: Kris on September 17, 2019, 23:21:28
AppGameKit Studio Version 2019.09.17 is out:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225137
Huge update list :o - Good to see continued development. Looking forward to testing it out as an excuse to continue my comp entry ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Wow Paul has been busy.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

He should use some formatting and naming guidelines for his fixes - to better organize a changelog. Mixes IDE and engine stuff - mixes new features and fixes.

So having a quick glance it seems to be mostly fixes ... and some of them look as if they should have been obvious right on testing - which could mean they were introduced by other changes.

Glad for you guys enjoying huge changelogs :)
Hope some of the bugs you reported are fixed now so to see some more compo entries popping up.

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

AGK has an impressive list of updates getting applied:

Fixed expansion file commands causing a crash on Android 9 and above
Fixed SnapChat commands not working on Android
Updated Android export dialog to remove unsupported versions of Android from the drop down list
Fixed SnapChat commands not working in exported iOS apps
Fixed deleting and re-creating lots of objects sometimes causing the new objects to retain the properties of an old object, causing flickering or corruption
Fixed exported iOS apps not being signed correctly
Fixed Android export not working on Mac and Linux

Hmmm, this level of portability is along the lines I was hoping to achieve with Monkey (Then... Monkey X) a few years back.

The portability took too much effort with the numerous Android releases you seemed to have to wrap your head around. I imagine thats still the case - unless you take the decision - sod it, my game will only support the latest and greatest.

Maybe 2020 will be my year for cutting my teeth on a coding engine for the next decade  ;D
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Coder Apprentice

Steve Elliott

Thanks for the update news, I've just updated Studio.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote from: Steve Elliott on November 28, 2019, 16:19:49
Thanks for the update news, I've just updated Studio.
Cool beans, will update when I can frackin get more than 5 minutes to spare. I've never known this time of year to be so busy ( work wise ). I'm definitely gonna have to say to customers "frack off, I'm not working for the next 2 weeks" or else I'll not be able to enjoy Christmas... Sorry for the mini rant ;D - So, AGK Studio has an update \o/
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Yay! They've finally managed to fixe the "Cannot open .AGK from file explorer in Windows" thing! This will make it so much more intuitive to use over AGK2.

@Qube: Yep, busy days here too! Seems like there's a shift in workload / time of year. - BTW: Did they fix your Mac-mouse issue already? (haven't been paying attention for a while)

Virtual Nomad

Virtual Buttons/Joysticks vs SetViewOffset didn'y make the official list for 2019.11.27/28 but its apparently been fixed, as well.