buildings

Started by Pfaber11, January 21, 2022, 20:34:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

I have been using height maps for some time but have not created any buildings yet and would like to know a method for doing this . I have thought about this and I could build them in blender maybe . If there is a better method please let me know . I could also make blocks in blender and then build the building block by block . Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Pfaber11

well I managed to make a building a very simple bus stop using blender . I really just wanted to get something done with a ceiling . I've put it into my present project and I really like it . Well today I've learnt something new .
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

Amanda Dearheart

A bit of advice.

If you plan to have them be interactive, (that is move about inside of  them, I suggest using Trenchbroom.  It is completely free, and it exports it levels to the Quake .map format, thereby working with most 3d engines on the market.  Though since we are on these forums, I guess you're working with a version of the Blitz/Cerberus engines.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Pfaber11

Hi I am using AGK Studio . Thanks for the input.

Pakz

Games from scratch had a video recently(youtube) on goxel. A open source voxel editor. It exports to a model format, not sure which but it imports into blender also. It showed a optimized scene where each voxel was inside a chunk.

I downloaded the ios editor on my ipad for experimenting. There is a windows and probably other versions too.

Pfaber11

Well my first attempt at a house was not too bad  more of a  shed . Just watched a video on how to make holes for Windows and doors. This will be my thing to learn today. Compared to a year ago I have made sufficient progress which is good. I'm gonna take a couple of weeks off soon to let my brain have a rest.

Amanda Dearheart

Hi,

I just remembered.  I know I advised you to use Trenchbroom the other day, but I was looking over my software, and came across SketchUp!.  Excellent program to use to create architectural designs.  Exports to the collada format as well as several others.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Pfaber11

Yes I will take a look thankyou . Blender can do buildings and I've sort of got of got the hang of some basic stuff. I feel  a door has opened for me with the buildings. I watched a video on unity today and I really really can't stand it . I think coding it is what i like to do . I was thinking I might do a 2d game next . I will now go and check out those links . Thankyou
Hi checked them both out and not gonna swap from Blender as it's really very good and free and has updates . And I really like it.

Doggie

I use Live Home 3D from the windows store.
Makes great buildings

Pfaber11

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check out sketchup and live home and see what I think.
Happy coding.