August 25, 2019, 12:19:25 AM

Author Topic: Message to AtariBox (Atari VCS) backers  (Read 129 times)

Offline bsisko

Message to AtariBox (Atari VCS) backers
« on: July 27, 2019, 03:34:59 AM »
Attention, if any of you are AtariBox backers on Indiegogo or Kickstarter, I have a proposal for you to offer for the makers of the Atari VCS system, but first a

DISCLAIMER

This is not a sales pitch, nor an attempt to claim money from anyone.
1. I am not an AtariBox backer.
2. I am not an employee of Atari, nor do I have any affiliations with the company Atari.
3. At this time and date (July 26, 2019) ,  I am a computer programmer hobbyist and un-published game designer.
4. I post this message on this forum here, because I cannot post it in its proper place on the indiegogo page, nor do I know how to contact Atari directly to deliver this message!

I suggest that  only if you're interested  that since you have already donated money to the cause of building an AtariBox, which is basically an recreation of an Atari 2600, instead of continuing with that machine,  recreate an Atari 800XL, or better yet  an Atari 1040ST, with modes for the 800XL, and the Atari consoles, such as the 2600, 5200, and 7800.
My interest in this is that I am interested in the computing power of the 800 XL and 1040ST, while the consoles don't my interest much. My lone voice is not enough to make the corporate structure of Atari listen to me, but with many of you sending them e-mails and comments on the indiegogo page, things might happen!

Thanks for reading!
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Offline iWasAdam

Offline bsisko

Re: Message to AtariBox (Atari VCS) backers
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »
No problem IWasAdam.  I was unaware of this information, but any information is good!
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!