This may put the cat among the pigeons

Started by Matty, July 20, 2019, 06:49:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

As sent to all my email contacts

Good afternoon family.

I had some spare time in the afternoon today, and I also had a spare container for testing for drugs.

Being the inquisitive type and such I decided to run a little experiment.

1. Fill small container with a little tap water.

2. Get four wetted tissues and cover the vents in my car.

3. Turn the engine on, close the windows, put the heater on, wait outside for 15 minutes.

4. After time complete open all 4 doors and allow car to breathe.

5. With fork extract tissues and put in container.

6. Stir around carefully, squeezing the liquid out of the tissues and into the container.

7. Pour liquid into chemical tester.

8. Wait for results.

And....at least I have an answer now.

Thanks

Rick Nasher

Matty

The results were from multiple tests including various controls.

These were with drug testing kits from the chemist.

Difficult to be exactly certain but it is likely my mental illness in 2015 and a brief glitch during the last week was induced by someone who had access to my car, as I have already shown a number of occasions where people have accessed the car.

Rick Nasher

Then again, the only way you can know for sure is taping yourself continuously.
A cheap $35,- motion detection cam from Aliexpres should do the trick.

That way at least you know 100% sure that someone else is messing with you and that's it's not you sleepwalking for example.
Better be safe than sorry I'd say.

Matty

Thanks, went to the police, showed them the test results, they agreed they were positive, basically self reporting myself, but they were unable to go any further.

Neither could they investigate...or anything....

It's a curious problem.

Oh well.

Their procedures don't allow them to test my sample I have, nor to act on my report.

Rick Nasher

I do not mean to nag or irritate you, but I do not understand why you don't put up such a cam to prove to yourself it's not you yourself doing things while unconscious. I mean: if you know you had a history of not being well, isn't this the only way to truly find out if this was/is actually the case?

Of course one could dive down further into the rabbit hole/conspiracy theories and I am the last to say this cannot be the case, but don't you want to be more sure and get some proof, before you go to the police? I'd say at best they would be, like most people, skeptical and require proof.

Matty

Yes I'll admit it.  I get out of my bed, asleep, at 2am, walk out the front door in my underwear, find my local cannabis dealer who I only know the wnereabouts in my sleep.  I then pay him with no discernible change in my bank balance - unless of course I have a swiss bank account also only known in my sleep.  Then I drive home, still asleep but I know the roads so well I can do it unconscious.  Then i get out my tools and plug the cannabis into the airvents of the car.

While asleep I have a shower and wash all the grime and grease off my self go back to bed and wake up thinking what a delightful sleep I had.

Yes Rick thank you, that must be the answer.  No person who doesnt like me and who may have a key would ever hold a grudge and want me out of the picture, far more reasonable to believe your version.

Dont hold it against me if I say your theory holds as much probability as the stars falling from the heavens tonight.

Dabz

Dont hold it against me if I say your theory holds as much probability as the stars falling from the heavens tonight.

The chances of winning the National Lottery in the UK is 45057474/1, an outlandish figure, but, people do win it... Lets compare it to some other things just as a comparison...

Someone becoming an astronaut: 12000000/1
Smacked by a meteor: 700000/1
Being born with 11 fingers or toes: 500/1
Being killed in a plane crash: 205552/1

So, in all probability, to me anyway, the chances of you doing what you say is happening is pretty good, and I'm guessing, there's many many people out there with the same issue. If I was in your shoes, I'd get some cameras up and watch myself like a hawk, and if it turns out to be me, I'd go and see someone, if its not me, then yeah, I'd investigate it further myself before contacting the police, because as you have found, they aren't really that bothered (They never are nowadays in most cases) and at the minute, and you don't want to come across as some sort of crank.

Oh, and like I mentioned before, check your carbon monoxide detector if you have one, because carbon monoxide poisoning can induce exactly what you are describing too.

Anyhoo, good luck and stay safe!

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Derron

Yes I'll admit it.  I get out of my bed, asleep, at 2am, walk out the front door in my underwear, find my local cannabis dealer who I only know the wnereabouts in my sleep.  I then pay him with no discernible change in my bank balance - unless of course I have a swiss bank account also only known in my sleep.  Then I drive home, still asleep but I know the roads so well I can do it unconscious.  Then i get out my tools and plug the cannabis into the airvents of the car.

Yes admit it. Someone gets out of his bed, awake, at 2am, walks out of his front door in a dark jogging suit, find his local cannabis dealer who he knows forever now. Then he pays the drugs. Then drives to your home, gets out his stolen car keys and plugs the ("expensive" - or at least not free) cannabis into your airvents of the car just because they dislike you.

Chances are maybe higher than sleep walking and paying stuff without yourself seeing balance differences (maybe you jack off some dudes during the night - for a little cash? - just joking to make you shiver :-)).

Do as other suggest: buy some cheap motion-detecting-camera. It does cost less than your killed nerves by thinking about all the conspiracies or potentiall mind illness (schizophrenic behaviour ?).
Take one which also records "activation/deactivation" - as you are aware of the camera you might as well power it off during your sleep walk.

bye
Ron

Matty

Well whatever, for a man who has never smoked, drunk or done drugs to find and have confirmed cannabis in the car....is weird. 

Qube

Quote from: Matty on July 23, 2019, 19:51:47
Well whatever, for a man who has never smoked, drunk or done drugs to find and have confirmed cannabis in the car....is weird. 
Maybe you just pass out and do weird shit? - Perhaps ( as other have suggested ) grab some cheap motion capture cameras off Amazon and dot them around the place. Easy way to find out what's going on.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

But you have a medicine-requiring phase behind you  - which states that your mind does stuff a "normal" (non-ill, non-damaged, non-from-other-parallel-universe) brain would not do.

So yes, finding cannabis in the car is weird in most cases - yet there might be a reason next to an evil neighbour (which of course is still possible). But it seems as if you even ignore all the suggestions about buying a surveillance camera ... no comment from your side.

bye
Ron

Matty

Thanks.

The reason I do not get cctv in my house is because to my mind it gives off a message to all that I am paranoid, which I'm not, merely curious.

See, if I put cameras, and the situation stops-because whoever does it knows the cameras are there then the question from concerned loved ones will be why are you so paranoid to put cameras up.  They will rightly say theres nothing caught by the cameras so you must have just been paranoid.

So I prefer to simply wait until whoever, if anyone, who does things like the thing above with the cannabis, comes forward and says that they did it.

I would not be angry, for I see it more as a curious joke of sorts, for though I could have been harmed....I was not.

Qube

Quote from: Matty on July 23, 2019, 23:00:00
The reason I do not get cctv in my house is because to my mind it gives off a message to all that I am paranoid, which I'm not, merely curious.
No one is saying to install full on CCTV, lol. Just grab a couple of cheap battery powered motion detection cameras which you can put in key places at night and then check them in the morning, turn them off and put them in a drawer until the next night.

Better to find out what's actually going on than to let your mind wonder for ever in a day. Unless you're scared of finding out what is actually going on and enjoy the mystery?

It's either you, someone else or you're making everything up. Wouldn't it be good to actually find out so you know what you're dealing with?. Wondering forever in day will just drive you crazier in the long run. Take charge, find out what's happening and deal with it once and for all!!!
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Dunno how many people are visiting your sleeping room ;-)

You want to know if you sleep walk during the night? Put a little camera to your bed room.
You want to know who visits your kitchen (if it was regularly) then put the camera there.

If you do not buy the pink 1x1x1 meter sized "aware of camera"-transport box for your camera then most people won't be aware of what happens (yes this is a bit "sneeky").
Also - if cameras are detected - you can easily explain to not be paranoid but a bit afraid of yourself being a sleep walker.

Remember: first step is not to catch a person doing "harm" to you, but to ensure that it is not YOU who does things. This is why the biggest hurdle then is to avoid yourself being able to delete recordings too easily (eg auto-delete records after 2 days but do not allow manual deletion before). That way your "clever unconscious mind" cannot delete movies after it did bad or funny things.
To reach that "cannot delete" thing you needed a 3rd party service you trust (as you - as programmer - else would always know how to log into an FTP or so to remove stuff). That 3rd party would not necessarily need access to the data. Just password-secure the archived media (backups ... local data can be unsecured and this is OK as long as medias are the same). That way you can watch your recordings - but cannot delete them before time.

Now Qube posted meanwhile and my post looks a bit "overcomplexing" already - so maybe keep that for a later stage and only use motion detection to (hopefully?) record yourself visiting the fridge, shaving your beard after creaming it with joghurt and so on ;-)
If you own a smartphone then you can also install one of these sleep survaillance apps which record deep sleep phases etc - maybe you record "movement" then too?

bye
Ron