I am looking for complete guide how to compile wxMax

Started by takis76, July 17, 2019, 18:17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

NG uses modules from github.com/bmx-ng if available - and "3rd party" from github.com/maxmods

So Brucey's "bah.mod" for example is NG compatible (or in most cases "backwards compatible" to legacy) but located in "maxmods".

bye
Ron

takis76

So I will open a new topic about installing NG or do we continue in this one?
About the current MinGw?

Derron

here dawlane (in this very thread here!) posted an instruction on how to install NG.
https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,5857.msg27903.html#msg27903

There is no need to update MinGW in NG as it provides a useable one already. Follo dawlane's instructions to have an updated bcc and bmk for NG.
Projects compiled with "legacy" should get "recompiled" in NG (so deselect "quick" build in MaxIDE for the first time - afterwards you can reenable it).

bye
Ron

dawlane

I always though that there was some instructions around here on how to install BlitzMax NG?
I've tweaked the instructions some what, so they should be clearer.
The igsogui will work on Windows, but some identifiers match the new ReadOnly keyword, so some find and replace renaming is required (something like Read_Only).
If building the modules stops because of an abstraction method error. A dummy method needs to be created to get the module to compile. Open the output tab and copy the abstract method it's complaining about and paste it into the offending custom data type that's causing compilation to stop.
E.G.
TGraphicDriver.CreateMyCoolDriver:Int(whatever:Int,thisthing:Int) Abstract

Should be copied and pasted into the offending custom data type as something like:

Method CreateMyCoolDriver:Int(whatever:Int,thisthing:Int) Override
EndMethod

Once you have got the modules to build, you can fix any other compilation errors.

Derron

Quote from: dawlane on July 22, 2019, 20:07:05
I always though that there was some instructions around here on how to install BlitzMax NG?
If you use the "release" then it is just a matter of "download + unarchive/unzip".
Updating bcc, bmk, brl.mod, pub.mod, ... is of course another story (but you tackled it in your step-by-step-guide). But once you did it the second time you will no longer need a "guide". Only evil thing what could happen is a "hen egg"-update (bcc receives new features which are already needed by the newest brl/pub.mod). Then this means to first update bcc and bmk (compile and replace the binaries) and afterwards update the modules.

PS: feel free to commit your fixes to the repos (if you are a github user).

@ takis + specific module versions for certain releases
You can always go back in time on github.com-git-repos. Just check the commit-history, select one and hit the "< >" button there. then "download" and voila, archive of the version of "that commit".

I agree that one could at least tag the official modules (brl.mod, pub.mod) the same as the "bmx-ng"-release tag so that it is easier to spot them.

bye
Ron

takis76

I follow the instructions of dawlane and whole process finished (The wxMax was crashed many times but with many retries was finished).

To download my extra modules I used the commands

git clone https://github.com/maxmods/koriolis.mod.git
git clone https://github.com/maxmods/gman.mod.git
git clone https://github.com/maxmods/ifsogui.mod.git
git clone https://github.com/maxmods/muttley.mod.git

But only the Koriolis and Gman managed to compile.
The ifsogui presents an error.

[ 11%] Processing:textbox.bmx
Compile Error: Syntax error - expecting identifier, but found ':'
[C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/textbox.mod/textbox.bmx;
32;0]
Build Error: failed to compile (-1) C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/i
fsogui.mod/textbox.mod/textbox.bmx

If I will just copy all the additional mods from the already installed BlitzMax 1.52 do they will work?

Derron

> If I will just copy all the additional mods from the already installed BlitzMax 1.52 do they will work?

NO.

legacy compiles bmx to assembler code and via "fasm" to a binary.
NG translates bmx to c code and then via "gcc" to a binary.
Both use a different "internal structure". Do never mix them or be prepared for either errors during linking, during execution, ...

Edit:

Quote from: takis76 on July 22, 2019, 22:07:37
The ifsogui presents an error.
If I will just copy all the additional mods from the already installed BlitzMax 1.52 do they will work?

To cite dawlane (takis: learn to read replies to your thread):
> The igsogui will work on Window, but some identifiers match the new ReadOnly keyword, so some find and replace renaming is required (something like Read_Only).

The errorneous line is:

Field ReadOnly:Int = False

Maybe do as suggested and rename "ReadOnly" to "_readOnly" (or so) - rename all occourences (just open up ALL bmx files of that mod in notepad++ and replace in all files).

bye
Ron

takis76

The ifsoGui was compiled.
Tomorrow I will try the Srs, Render2Texture, ShaderFramework and Muttley.
There are any many other modules I will need to test them with BlitzMax Ng and 1.52 too. (Like some in the Bah.mod. But this mod is huge).
When all will compile I will try to see if they will run.

Thank you very much for now we will talk tomorrow.

takis76

After compiling one example from IfsoGui these series of errors presented:

Building ifsoGUIEx1
[ 23%] Processing:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx
[ 86%] Compiling:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c
[100%] Linking:ifsoGUIEx1.exe
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_53[.refptr._bb_main_ib_53]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_53'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_52[.refptr._bb_main_ib_52]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_52'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_51[.refptr._bb_main_ib_51]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_51'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_50[.refptr._bb_main_ib_50]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_50'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_49[.refptr._bb_main_ib_49]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_49'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_48[.refptr._bb_main_ib_48]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_48'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_47[.refptr._bb_main_ib_47]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_47'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_46[.refptr._bb_main_ib_46]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_46'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_45[.refptr._bb_main_ib_45]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_45'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_44[.refptr._bb_main_ib_44]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_44'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_43[.refptr._bb_main_ib_43]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_43'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_42[.refptr._bb_main_ib_42]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_42'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_41[.refptr._bb_main_ib_41]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_41'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_40[.refptr._bb_main_ib_40]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_40'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_39[.refptr._bb_main_ib_39]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_39'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_38[.refptr._bb_main_ib_38]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_38'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_37[.refptr._bb_main_ib_37]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_37'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_36[.refptr._bb_main_ib_36]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_36'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_35[.refptr._bb_main_ib_35]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_35'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_34[.refptr._bb_main_ib_34]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_34'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_33[.refptr._bb_main_ib_33]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_33'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_32[.refptr._bb_main_ib_32]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_32'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_31[.refptr._bb_main_ib_31]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_31'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_30[.refptr._bb_main_ib_30]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_30'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_29[.refptr._bb_main_ib_29]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_29'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_28[.refptr._bb_main_ib_28]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_28'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_27[.refptr._bb_main_ib_27]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_27'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_26[.refptr._bb_main_ib_26]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_26'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_25[.refptr._bb_main_ib_25]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_25'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_24[.refptr._bb_main_ib_24]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_24'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_23[.refptr._bb_main_ib_23]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_23'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_22[.refptr._bb_main_ib_22]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_22'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_21[.refptr._bb_main_ib_21]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_21'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_20[.refptr._bb_main_ib_20]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_20'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_19[.refptr._bb_main_ib_19]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_19'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_18[.refptr._bb_main_ib_18]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_18'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_17[.refptr._bb_main_ib_17]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_17'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_16[.refptr._bb_main_ib_16]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_16'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_15[.refptr._bb_main_ib_15]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_15'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_14[.refptr._bb_main_ib_14]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_14'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_13[.refptr._bb_main_ib_13]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_13'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_12[.refptr._bb_main_ib_12]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_12'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_11[.refptr._bb_main_ib_11]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_11'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_10[.refptr._bb_main_ib_10]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_10'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_9[.refptr._bb_main_ib_9]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_9'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_8[.refptr._bb_main_ib_8]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_8'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_7[.refptr._bb_main_ib_7]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_7'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_6[.refptr._bb_main_ib_6]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_6'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_5[.refptr._bb_main_ib_5]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_5'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_4[.refptr._bb_main_ib_4]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_4'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_3[.refptr._bb_main_ib_3]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_3'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_2[.refptr._bb_main_ib_2]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_2'
C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/.bmx/ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.o:ifsoGUIEx1.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c:(.rdata$.refptr._bb_main_ib_1[.refptr._bb_main_ib_1]+0x0): undefined reference to `_bb_main_ib_1'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/ifsogui.mod/examples/ifsoGUIEx1.exe
Process complete

Derron

Maybe the example uses some zip stuff which seems to not work (while incbin works):
https://github.com/maxmods/ifsogui.mod (scroll down)

Nonetheless the "ib" thing sounds not like "zip" but "incbin"

Feel free to create issues there so that Brucey becomes aware of it.

bye
Ron

takis76

Does it have any relation with the ZipStream which gets imported from ifsogui?

Derron

Serious: how should I know?
I am not the author of the module
I am not a user of this module

People here try to help but they are not all-knowing. So before asking "us" stuff try to answer it on your own - and think about how chances are that we know it (but not having filed an issue for this then already).

bye
Ron

takis76

Well first I copied the skins in the same directory of the examples.
Usually in my games I used to have the skins in the same directory as my game project.
Second I removed the double dots from the Include "../incbinSkin.bmx" changing it to "incbinSkin.bmx"

The example was run. Nice.

takis76

About the srs module first I cloned it from the git using the Git Bash utility

I used the command: git clone https://github.com/davecamp/srs.mod.git

Inside the mod sub directory of bmx-ng.
The git was downloaded.
Then using the command prompt I entered in the bin directory of bmx-ng and

I used the BMK command: bmk makemods
It started to compile something and interrupted with error.

C:\Users\Takis\Desktop\BlitzMax\bmx-ng\bin>bmk makemods
[  2%] Processing:d3d11.bmx
[  2%] Processing:d3dcompiler.bmx
[  5%] Processing:d3dcommon.bmx
[  6%] Processing:d3dcommon_ng.bmx
[  6%] Processing:d3d11shader_ng.bmx
[  7%] Processing:d3dcompiler_ng.bmx
[  7%] Processing:dxgi.bmx
[  7%] Processing:dxgi_ng.bmx
[  7%] Processing:d3d11_ng.bmx
[  7%] Processing:directx11.bmx
[  7%] Processing:d3d11graphics_ng.bmx
Compile Error: Can't create instance of type TD3D11Graphics due to abstract Meth
od TGraphics.GetSettings:Int(width:Int Var,height:Int Var,depth:Int Var,hertz:In
t Var,flags:Int Var,x:Int Var,y:Int Var).
[C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/srs.mod/d3d11graphics.mod/d3d11graph
ics_ng.bmx;119;0]
Build Error: failed to compile (-1) C:/Users/Takis/Desktop/BlitzMax/bmx-ng/mod/s
rs.mod/d3d11graphics.mod/d3d11graphics_ng.bmx

Derron

dawlane already posted about this issue (and its fix) some posts ago - as said, learn to read ;-)

bye
Ron