Me and my Ölüdeniz diving day! :)

Started by Dabz, July 14, 2019, 20:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabz

Its about 15mins long so make sure if you watch it to grab a coffee...

https://youtu.be/V53xWWnFJRU

Sorry about the crude video editing, Vegas Pro is a bit over my head, but got it on a humble bundle and decided I'd have a try! :D
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Derron

Last time I was underwater in an ocean was in Croatia - and only with a Snorkel. Had a simple diving glass without "correction" (am wearing glasses in real life) yet I've seen a lot of fishes there - and even an octopus. You might not be interested in the ocean's animals but the "landscape" - I prefer to see some colorful fishes even if that meant to be limited to 4-5m (my personal snorkel-depth-limit).

Seems you had fun - this is the most important thing.

bye
Ron

Dabz

Oh, dont get me wrong, I love watching the little fishes and all that... Off the coast of the UK we have loads, lobsters, crabs, many different species of fish, its glorious under there... But the problem with Turkey is there's not loads down there from the shore... I spoke to one of the fella's on the boat on the way back, and basically, its to do with over fishing... He told me once upon a time, when they did diving tours, they would go down, spear fish, bring them back up and chuck them on a BBQ on the boat, but now, they dont, because they have been depleted that much, but on a good note, they are realising that fact.

And yeah, it was fun mind, my first real dives, and I got to my full 18m limit, so that was nice to experience that sort of depth! :)

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Derron

My parents were in Turkey near Alanya last week - and they came back telling me how clear the water was in the morning - but during the begin of the afternoon a lot of trash was brought by the waves to the beach. Once you went out of the water you literally had little plastic particles on your body.

Think the ocean there might not be the best. In Croatia we had the "clean" side of the Adriatic sea while all the dirt/garbage and muddy waters are at the coasts of Venice/Italy.
Disadvantage of all this crystal clear water: sea urchins which you need to avoid if you dislike aching feet :-)

Buddy bought a house on Crete (on a hill next to the sea) will have to visit him there next year or so (when the kids are old enough to benefit from such a trip).

North sea... once bitten/strived by a lion's mane jellyfish I was no longer in the right mood to have fun in the North Sea. Dunno how the water quality is at the UK shores but in Hamburg it could be ... more "clear". Not to talk about my last short swims in the Baltic Sea when we stopped by on our tour to North-Sweden. Maybe the crystal clear water of the southern countries tampered on what I think is "good" or "bad" looking water :-)

bye
Ron

Dabz

The visibility was quite good where I was, and to be honest, I never noticed any pollution while down there... But I'm guessing its where you go, and if the currents all swell to one place, then stuff will collect there... It shouldn't be happening but, everyone has been ignorant with plastics for years, and yet again, we're just starting to do something about it now.

The quality is pretty good actually in and around the UK, you might get naff visibility most times over the north sea side of the country, but where I was the other week, with a decent swell, the visibility was still 6m-7m which was good!

Dabz

Qube

He he, that was pretty therapeutic to watch :D - Must be nice to get away from the land and into the sea for a good look around? :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

That looks like a lot of fun and nice video.  Although you lose points for using a selfie stick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAJvgm2eMg   :D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Dabz

That looks like a lot of fun and nice video.  Although you lose points for using a selfie stick

Cheers Steve! :)

And aye, I'll admit it, not cool, but it had to be done! :D

Dabz