New book!

Started by Matty, July 01, 2019, 06:02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Greetings Syntaxbombers.....

I just released a new book today......might be a few hours before it is available...but the title is shown below...

attached

Matty

3 copies....attached...

Dabz

I read the description, and yeah, interesting subject Matty, plotters everywhere will rejoice! :D Hehehe

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Matty

A short story....

those who know their Australian history might get it....

Kryzon

Congrats on publishing it!
A friend of mine published through KDP (Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing), but noticed that if you want any sales you have to do a lot of marketing yourself. So I guess it's like Steam, flooded market.

3DzForMe

Congrats on publishing a book, no mean feat! 8)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Matty

Thanks.

Sadly amazon messed with the formatting...section titles all disappeared...31 pages became 9 etc...

Matty

Link to new book...hopefully formatting on this one wasnt screwed..

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07TWP87TX

Matty

@Kryzon - I'm never spending money on advertising/marketing ever again for the following reason:

In 2015 I built a killer product, excellent, amazing - and spent multiple thousands of dollars on marketing, plus every bit of free marketing I could think of (real world and online) and had (outside of friends and family) "3 SALES".

Total waste of time.

In 2017 I wrote a book and tried advertising on Amazon but Amazon refused to take my money...basically I pumped the account full of cash, wanted to advertise, then they refused...

In 2016 Google cancelled my 'AdMob' account and would not let me reinstate it and gave me no way to do so and with no reason.

So ...big tech companies that 'f***ed' me over...can go 'f***' themselves...I suppose....I'll still create creative products, but if no one reads them/uses them/plays them...well that's their bloody loss not mine....

Matty

One more....a short story that touches on an unspoken religious idea...

Naughty Alien

..google havent provided any form of explaining to you why this or that happened? ... no surprise, to be honest..just look at whats happening on youtube..

Matty

Sadly they havent.

I have tried contacting them in certain ways but they ignore me.  Alternatively I can't access admob support because you need a login to do so and they won't allow me to have a login either....so i just accept it and move on.

Qube

QuoteI'm never spending money on advertising/marketing ever again for the following reason.....
I agree 100% with that. For the average Joe you can waste £1000's on advertising and it just gets sucked into oblivion with tiny tiny returns. Advertising is a crazy game and you need to get the established promoters onboard to push your product as those that matter will listen to them and not your advert. Pumping cash into the online portals is just pointless and you may as well just flush your cash down the loo.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Some many years ago I offered some erotic games on my "freeware games platform" (gamezworld.de). Google Adsense does not work with pages offering such a stuff (at least not with mine :-( ). So I removed these games once I wanted to use Adsense (erotic games brought in some thousand unique visitors per day). For some months it worked out pretty well (at least server costs were paid from it ... and DSL costs too).
Then suddenly they just mailed me that my account violates their terms and that it gets suspended. They also wrote that they do not explain themselves and that every question regarding the suspension will stay unanswered (tried that some times and yes, unanswered ;-)). Once your Adsense account is suspended you have up to NO chance to get it reinstantiated.

@ advertising
You need to receive reviews by some youtube guys, some book-reviewing-sites.
Most of these guys and girls want free products to spend for their audience.

The bigger/more popular reviewers also want money - so do not use them.

For TVTower (still not as popular as I wanted it) received it's Let's plays without asking users. Most youtubers have only some handful of subscribers but here and then you will see videos by people with some thousands of subs - of course not all their followers will visit the video or try your product then.

@ book
I pretty much doubt that you will have a "regular" chance with a self-published book. It's like one of these thousands of books you can read for free with Amazon Prime or another subscription model. Books written by enthusiastic amateurs/beginners with no lectorat, no bigger test readings about consistency ... some were created in dozens of forum threads and then collected into some thin book.

bye
Ron