October 31, 2020, 04:55:38 PM

Author Topic: Game Jam Game: Paint Bucket Pals  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Dan

Re: Game Jam Game: Paint Bucket Pals
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 08:48:57 PM »
I am calling FlushJoy() and FlushKeys() before the player reaches that screen, so that was not my intent. I wanted to stick to the Xbox 360 formula, in which Button A is confirm and Button B is discard. At least that's the case with my controller, did yours work differently?

It is only on the retry screen, where the buttons are switched.

FlushJoy and flushkeys are fine, but i would use a code which would do something like this

this is pseudo code:
Code: [Select]
If gameover=1
   While Joypadbutton1Down = true
       delay (10)
       flip
   Wend
   goto retryscreen
EndIf

In this case the screen would change to the retry screen, when the user releases the main button.

For the Time, maybe the 35~40ish seconds would be better, maybe more.

When i think about possibilities of gameplay, then you could make the first 15 levels (p.s. i haven't played them all, yet)
like 1 minute for the first go.
Then the next round, repeating levels (1-15) with 40 seconds timer
and the hard mode (the next repeating levels with 20 seconds and maybe 2~5 seconds bonus for every correct hit)

Well possibilities are endless ^^

The main problem is, for the beginner, he is not used to the game and so the 20 seconds maybe too hard, but for someone who has played the game many times, the 20 seconds maybe just right.

65536 GOTO Back2Basic

Offline hosch

Re: Game Jam Game: Paint Bucket Pals
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 07:30:40 AM »
Oh yeah, now I know what you meant with the buttons: fixed!

Yes, possibilities are indeed endless. I want to expand the game in the future and will keep some elements of the game jam version, but revise the current mechanics.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal