July 21, 2019, 10:49:15 AM

Author Topic: Amazon employees  (Read 269 times)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
Amazon employees
« on: June 27, 2019, 07:11:38 AM »
From my journal...

Amazon employees - 2019-06-27
Amazon employees

For only 2 percent his total wealth the amazon ceo could give every one of his employees a bonus of 5,000 dollars across the planet.

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
Re: Amazon employees
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »
This could probably be a similar story for a lot of companies out there who have owners with vast amounts of wealth. Apple, for example.

You'll never see it happen, however.

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 02:40:45 AM »
The guy has a right to have that much wealth, but you have to wonder how much those extra billions are helping him?
It's not going to make him live longer than others or be happier, not necessarily.

I would not be able to sleep knowing I have that much money while so much misery exists in the world.

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 09:57:27 PM »
In my opinion, you actually need greedy people like this in the world, yeah, it seems immoral that one man should have all this wealth, I'll not argue with that, but, if this fella or others of the same, erm, calibre(so to speak) never had this drive for money, then, maybe quite a few of the 647,500 people who Amazon does employ may not have a job, not including the vast amount of employees of big company out there.

It is crap, but sadly, capitalism, the world we live in, the foundation of our society, the bedrock if you will, is greed by a few, which provides mostly low paid jobs for the many!

But, many people are happy with their lot, yeah, everyone wants that extra fiver, but overall, I reckon your average Joe/Jane is quite content on going out doing a hard days work, earning their bit, getting back to their little mortgaged box to watch their little television.

I know I'm content, I earn half decent money, I can buy little goodies and I go to nice places, if I won the lottery, great, if I dont... I'm not fussed either... It is what it is.

The only problem I have with this setup is when these companies layoff in the name of chasing more money, not laying off because they've got no money, no... Laying off hardworkers in the vain attempt to earn more then the year before... I literally cannot see the sense in that, thats greed on another level, its spiteful beyond belief... So yeah, we need greed, but, the underhanded nature of it at times is terrible... The world could really do without that!

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:10:09 AM »
..all i can say is, i have never ever seen more pathetic and miserable kind of people than folks such as this Amazon guy..i have had a lot of opportunity to actually be with such folks around here in Asia, and misery level as well as complete dissatisfaction with virtually anything around them/they own/they can have, is outstanding..i have no words to describe how empty this characters are and completely disconnected with every day obstacles/joy 'normal' folks have..there is no wealth in existence ill take for exchange of been such empty, disconnected 'creature'...

Offline GaborD

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
A very rich entertainer once said: "If you have enough money to buy all the things you dream of... what will you still dream of?"
It must also be a big psychological issue to not be able to trust anyone anymore. Most people WILL be after your money and not real friends, lovers or whatever they claim to be.

As to the other stuff... I encourage everyone to look into how money is created and what it actually is, quite eye-opening.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 07:41:17 AM »
There is a wealth that money cannot buy.   And few can take it from you or come after it either.

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 08:17:17 AM »
Anyway, regardless if its right/wrong or theres pros/cons for one man/woman to have as much money as the select few do, its the way it is... I'm happy enough, and I know I cannot change the world, so, I'll just continue doing my own thing, enjoy myself, give when I can (Usually charities around dogs or donkeys, I love'em), and still rely on my nature that the world doesn't owe me a living, I have to work for what I get, that makes me feel better about myself, I think thats important! :)

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
I get that. As much as I try to achieve a little step up every so often when it comes to working, I'm nowhere near what anyone would term well off or rich. I sponsor some animals, which is where any money I want to give to charity goes, because I'm careful to make sure that it goes where it's meant to go. I think I earn the average wage, or maybe a little less, but me and the missus live in an expensive rented house, so that's a lot of my income burnt right there. We have two cats to support - unfortunately we lost the dog in January - and are pretty much as happy as we need to be.

The most pragmatic way of looking at life I've always found is to think about where the stock-piling of wealth actually gets you. I have one nephew who, if I had anything when I depart, would inherit. He's got a shed-load of money coming as an only child from my younger sister already so it's not my concern to make sure he's looked after.

And the most obvious fact of all is that you can't take it with you.

I just live debt free and don't particularly want for anything apart from the odd luxury so I'm betting I'm a lot happier than some of these paranoid, rich guys who constantly worry about the people around them.

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 09:12:17 AM »
This is an interesting piece on Amazon's predatory practices:

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »
I just live debt free and don't particularly want for anything apart from the odd luxury so I'm betting I'm a lot happier than some of these paranoid, rich guys who constantly worry about the people around them.

Well that's it, for me, I go to work, do my 8 hours, go home and thats it until tomorrow... A lot of people who chase money, they live to work... That isnt a life really is it, I have done it myself when I worked away, working all hours god sent for the money, but I got tired of it... Now I'm home, yeah, I had to take a big pay cut (I did have to be careful because every year I was usually close to the 40% tax bracket), now I earn slightly over the average wage in the UK, I get 45 days a year holiday (Wahooo), and like I said, I do 40 hours a week and thats it... I literally now work to live, and I'm quite enjoying myself!  8)

Only downside is... Because I'm not grafting all the time, I've put a bit of beef on, lol! :D

Dabz