June 18, 2019, 07:15:18 PM

Author Topic: Github sponsoring - first 5.000$ are doubled  (Read 175 times)

Offline Derron

Github sponsoring - first 5.000$ are doubled
« on: May 23, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »
Github just announced a sponsoring programme...

https://github.blog/2019-05-23-announcing-github-sponsors-a-new-way-to-contribute-to-open-source/

The first 5.000 dollar of sponsoring a developer receives will get doubled for free. Also there are no fees.
Think this is a good chance to spend some bucks for your favorite projects / developers (like our beloved Brucey for the wonderful works with keeping up BlitzMax alive).

I registered now for their waiting list ... let's see how it develops.

bye
Ron

Offline Pakz

• My homepage
Re: Github sponsoring - first 5.000$ are doubled
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »
How are the payments/receivements dealt with? Paypal? For patreon you need a creditcard, which cost you a yearly fee to have.

I am sure I am not going to go into a long term big project to be able to earn some money with that, but it is nice that the possibilities are getting better out there.

Offline MikeHart

• Cerberus-X Dev Team
    • Cerberus X
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »
How are the payments/receivements dealt with? Paypal? For patreon you need a creditcard, which cost you a yearly fee to have.

I am sure I am not going to go into a long term big project to be able to earn some money with that, but it is nice that the possibilities are getting better out there.

Mmh, I use Paypal in both ways.

Offline Derron

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:37:52 AM »
With paypal @ patreon you seem to still have a credit card added to your paypal account.
I for example had my last credit card about 3 years ago. Most payments I do are via paypal (and this means via bank account then) or straight sepa/bank account via giro card (former EC card).
Am too few in foreign countries not accepting Euros so there was no need to have one.

Know also a lot of people who do not have a credit card - they could not help me via patreon then? think that is ... an artificial limitation I do not really like. Assume it has to do with the "monthly" sponsorship.

Hope github sponsoring is easier to handle - think especially with non-recurring sponsoring / "one time payment" things are easier.

bye
Ron

Offline MikeHart

• Cerberus-X Dev Team
    • Cerberus X
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
With paypal @ patreon you seem to still have a credit card added to your paypal account.
Nope, bank account only.

Offline Derron