Languages & Coding > Others

python 3 vs pypy

(1/2) > >>

Pfaber11:
Has anybody tried pypy which for those who don't know is a version of python that runs at about 7.5 time the speed of cpython . just wondered if anybody had tried both and could tell me if pypy is any good and is the syntax the same as cpython 3.7 . 

Pfaber11:
 Well pypy looks great but just can't get it to install . if anybody knows how this is done in simple terms please let me know I have spent all day trying to do this installed python 3.6 and got the right pypy file for it . tried several . oh well . Had a look at cyphon but not my cup of tea. I've downloaded the pypy and it says click on the setup file but there isn't one and I tried a couple of them also they did have a file pypy3 and a pypy3w not sure what they're all about but they didn't run either .

LineOf7s:
Learn Python (if that's your plan).  Come back to this once you have.  Don't distract yourself with unnecessary complexity.

Steve Elliott:

--- Quote ---Learn Python (if that's your plan).  Come back to this once you have.  Don't distract yourself with unnecessary complexity.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  Stop procrastinating and comparing other similar languages.  Python is well known and respected, if there's a variation out there you'll only confuse yourself because you don't know the language that pypy is based on.

Pfaber11:
Yes  agreed wasted two days of my life trying to get pypy to work but there you go . The later versions are supposed to run pygame but that wasn't my experience . Plus things like the debugger don't work when using it . Decided I'm going to give it a miss for now and stick with python 3.7.3  .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version