Something Tasty...

Started by iWasAdam, May 10, 2019, 06:46:44

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

I've not actually played any board wargames stuff - but I do have a lot of the material and a great deal of respect for the concepts - so I can see where you ate coming from :)

Derron

You know - if you write here in the forums you cannot code on your game - so stop writing ;-)

Seriously: Continue with your game but do not try to create an overly huge and complex (gameplay wise) game ... baby steps so we can at least see the light at the end of the "finish the game" tunnel.
Think with your current efforts gameplay will already differ a lot from the initial "send stuff from planet A to planet B and everything is done automatically" idea there is almost nothing left ;-)

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

True, but there are soo many more boxes to test out....

Just look at all those new shiny foil overlays reflecting  8)

And still all using a single (small) bitmap for everything! hehehhehehe....

iWasAdam

working on internal game systems and scaling:

I think I've got the basic structure now sorted and clear in my head. I've been doodling with sliding collision and other stuff so it should all start to fit together... But well have to see on that one. I have an aim, but can I actually get there?

Derron

> I have an aim, but can I actually get there?

Looking at the blue-red stairs I would say...nope, not reachable ;-)

Bye
Ron

Xerra

Adam was originally creating a follow up to Genus Prime. Now it appears he's moved on to writing a follow up to Rockman called Boxman :-)
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Steve Elliott

Adam was originally creating a follow up to Genus Prime.

Yes, but he's having far too much fun with art tech lol.   :)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

Oh it's all waiting for me to catch up to it :)

I thought I'd activate the scratch parameters (for adding surface distortions, etc) and here's a quick test: I call it "solar panels"

It shows the pbr in operation with scratches, multiple over-layered textures and bump mapping. It's all being handled with the same single bitmap as all other renders. The color is coming direct from the vertex information.

There is the ability to mix 2 bpr materials together - it's a bit hinky at the moment - but i'll get there eventually...

Here's the same shape with the exact same textures, but different settings:

iWasAdam

Im not quite sure... But it looks like a RCOP Freighter coming in to land...  :o

Qube

Looking really sweet, nice one :) - You'll soon be pumping out games now ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Do not forget about "team colors". So the red-band on the freighter would be player/race specific.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

Fleshed it out a bit and added a few more details:

I've got an idea for the interior and the general operation, plus possible derivations, military etc

and a more cartoony look from the back/underside:

iWasAdam

And now. ITS....  ;D

OK, it's not Monty Python. But it is the very first steps. 2 sections of map loaded with internal sliding collision in full working operation.
The red uprights are boundary grid markers, so I can get the scaling of everything correct.

If you look very close, you can see the position change from standing to crouching!

Derron

@ iWasFrankenstein
looking good.

bye
Ron