Something Tasty...

Started by iWasAdam, May 10, 2019, 06:46:44

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

Thanks Santiago. There is no other page apart from this one.

Here's an interesting update to the editor:

It's taking the exiting file browser developed for FontSprite and converting it to fully support live 3d viewing of files - the tiny 3d image rotates to show the full 3d shape. Both .mx23d and the old .3do formats are fully supported.

iWasAdam

and a tiny bit more:

this time showing the recent files with full (rotating) 3d support :)

iWasAdam

potential holographic display?  :o

Derron

Wouldn't a holographic display hide covered parts - it would be like a semitransparent variant of the normal render (maybe single color).

For now it looks as if you render each polygon with some semitransparency - and then render other semitransparent polygons on top - so colors "add" (see the "fighter" which gets more and more bright).

In explosion drawings (CAD) this is correct for "components" - yours is done on polygon (or triangle) base instead of components.

Dunno if the normal player even cares of this difference - just wanted to give you something to tinker with :)

bye
Ron

RemiD

alpha with blendmode add, easy  ;D

now try something more original : progressive decreasing alpha from the inside of the shape to the outside of the shape (inside would be opaque, outside would be transparent), should look weird (maybe nice ?)

Pfaber11

well the new blender is really great in my opinion., I've had the other ones too and the new one is awesome
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

iWasAdam

Quotewell the new blender is really great in my opinion.
didn't get the topic?
No blender used here - all custom programming.  8)

@RemiD. yep this was just simple no shader programming, opaque inside can be simply done :)

iWasAdam

Been doing some housework with Rameses. firstly to get it fully operational with Wonkey - now all sorted :)

But also been doing some other work with importers - got the STL and OBJ working and just finished the PicoCad format \o/

PicoCad model import with integrated bitmap importer - just load it and it's all there from the .txt file.

and a closer view showing a more complex model - plus the 2d sorting errors showing that this is all 2d and gpu fangled stuff going on - hence the keyboard being slices and a few (looks like they are but they aren't) missing polygons...

GaborD

Looks great!
Seriously good stuff. Love how clearly the editor is set up. People with 3D experience can likely jump right in without lengthy tuts.

iWasAdam

thanks - it's currently 'closed' but with this addition and some tidying up I will finally release it soonish :)

Qube

Very impressive, great work. You can stop showing us all up now  :))
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

hehehe 2 years of tinkering later...  8)

blinkok

Awesome! Where do you get those gorgeous models?

iWasAdam

the last 2 models (bonsai and computer lab) are picoCad models that I downloaded from itch.io for testing.

GrindalfGames

This is seriously interesting.
You always make some amazing stuff