Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

I know about the triangles... Yet the right pane has some oddly placed triangles ( two on the line).

Bye
Ron

iWasAdam

oh Derron  :P

OK, now this IS tasty...

At first look there is nothing interesting, or is there?
Maybe possibly a 2 sided 3d sprite (transparent object) casting the correct shadows with the transparency intact? Well I think it's tasty anyhoo  8)

Qube

One of your pixels is wrong ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

GaborD

Yeah that totally distracted me too.
:P

Derron

Quote from: iWasAdam on June 29, 2019, 07:55:38
oh Derron  :P

Wasn't this a valid question I asked for the triangles? I thought it might be some other marker of whose function I am still not sure about. Or that the display-function of the triangles calculates stuff incorrectly.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

slowly bringing in bump mapping - this is absolutely NOT right, but is starting to give some interesting results:

The thing I like here is the way the mapping has picked up some light giving a nicer look. I've also added some noise into the scene.

Nothing fancy, but it's starting to 'look' the way I want :)

and from the grey of before to the full color of today, complete with dual textures, bump mapping and colored decal:

iWasAdam

first loaded object  :D

No texture or color info yet, just the mesh itself

And... The final with correct color and texture UV:

Derron

The feet of the chair have outlines on their corners - so far so good.
The outlines of the "cover" (seat area) melt together: visible on the bottom right of the first wooden plank. also the wooden planks "bottom" seems to have only a very thin outline (barely visible) while some outlines are ... double as wide as the others.

Personal opinion: I do not like the outlines of the shadow. It somehow looks too "harsh". I understand outlines in clouds ("3d objects") but would you outline fog in the streets?
I think for a "toony look" you need to have some kind of "draw strokes" (to toon-shade them). As said this is only a personal opinion.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

agreed about the lined shadows - but nothing I can do about that currently - but it is something I would like to address

draw strokes is a very different thing - not quite as simple. but would be nice :)

iWasAdam

Just added some Vignetting to the output:

can be big or small and with alpha... so is very configurable :)

iWasAdam

I was watching something about access cards and thought "hmmmm". so decided to see what I can come up with in 10 minutes:

All post effects are off, so no outlines, etc ;)

What was really interesting was using fontsprite to create new graphics and switching over, loading the new graphics, more editing, repeat. Both apps fit together seamlessly.
One thing that occurred to me was possibly extending the material properties. The core material is a pbr one and isn't using any of the features that this has, so it is possible this could be added in some way. I'll need to think on it further and do loads of test first though. but it's a thought?

iWasAdam

preparation for pbr - activate the environment cube map for the GL view (with some flat shading):

iWasAdam

And a quick contrast with a june 11 version (photo on the left, software render on the right:

and todays version (gl render with post):

Derron

why is the shadow "jaggy" ?
can't you fake soft shadows (blurred shape/contour) ?

bye
Ron