General Category > General Discussion

Ever tried naming a company?

(1/5) > >>

Yellownakji:
Has anybody here ever named a company, before?   This seems to be my biggest challenge, in the past 24 months.

I keep a good majority of my software under my real name since i can't settle on a genuine company name to register.  Everything i like seems to be reserves, if not already taken.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same struggles.

blinkok:
whoopdedooba.com

markcwm:
Well at the risk of having my head bitten off by a frightening fat pig...

I think by the sound of your post that you don't really need a company, if it's just you then you've no need for it, just be self-employed, companies are how a group of working people sort out their legal stuff, taxes and wages, and regulations mean it has to make a profit to stay in business.

Kryzon:
Last I checked different companies can have the same names if they act on totally different fields. So if you like the name of, say, a photography studio, maybe it's legal to use the same. You should check the law.

The difficult thing is gonna be finding available WWW domain names...

Yellownakji:

--- Quote from: markcwm on May 08, 2019, 11:45:39 PM ---Well at the risk of having my head bitten off by a frightening fat pig...

I think by the sound of your post that you don't really need a company, if it's just you then you've no need for it, just be self-employed, companies are how a group of working people sort out their legal stuff, taxes and wages, and regulations mean it has to make a profit to stay in business.

--- End quote ---

I do currently employ 4 people.   Having a company is necessary in our case;  Most retailers refuse our product due to absence of a registered brand, especially digital.  We've tried and tried again to comply with our local government, but we've also got a lot of legal issues with registering patents due to being brandless.  They want us to be a property, even if it's just an LLC.

Issue is, we cannot decide on a name.    All the names we've had are taken, in the field of software.

This isn't the 90s, so software i've single-handedly written, and software with my peers, can't just go under my or our names.   It's simply not allowed here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version