AGK2 for under £5

Started by Pfaber11, May 06, 2019, 19:37:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

Yes I shall buy it probably from Digital skills . 16.95 . It's 29.99 on steam at the moment which is more than I paid for AGK2 in one of their sales. I'm sure I would find it very useful. I think it's essential if you've programmed before or not. Must be loads of stuff I'm missing . I will read it cover to cover when I get it . If you had written a few games and had the basics down and had to choose 1 of them would it be vol 1 or vol 2.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

plenatus

I buyed both.Because i think you can never have enough knowledge.
There are always things you don´t thought about and so such books are great.

Pfaber11

yes I've got over 6 games under my belt now but I still need more knowledge and it would be really useful and fast to have a reference  at hand . I think I could write a game a week or something maybe 2 would be better . Got a problem with python at the moment .
if x + y ==11
print("paul")
end if
if x + y <> 11
print("not"")
endif
How would you write that in python . jesus
I'm having a play with python. aT least I'm typing bits and pieces in now . I hope I  can do this . When I'm running it in the Ide It's really slow hopefully it'll be faster a lot faster by the time it's compiled I guess we'll see
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

plenatus

btw.: i never used the python syntax but...it should not hard to search that yourself per google.

x = 6
y = 6
z = x + y
if x + y == 11:
    print("paul")
else:
    print("not")

Pfaber11

Hmm yes it's basically what I already tried just trying to get the syntax down . Thanks for the reply much appreciated. In a few months I'm hoping to be typing away fluidly .

Derron

You are still learning, but ternary operators might be handy later on:
Code (Python) Select

print ("paul" if (x+y == 11) else "not")

$ python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 12 2018, 14:36:49)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> x = 6
>>> y = 6
>>> print("paul" if (x+y == 11) else "not")
not

Yet I am more used to the classical "? :" ternary in other languages:
print( (x+y==11) ? "Paul" : "not")

Ternarys can be handy in "null checks":
mydata = None
print (mydata or "data is None")

bye
Ron

Pakz

Well, I tried to buy the key. I had hoped it would be legit. But the code has already been used once. I am having to go to trouble now to get my money back.

Pakz

Ok, I had to send screenshots showing the key not working. I had to change my review to positive and then got a new working key!

Though for the moment I am completely into basic8 now.

Pfaber11

Hey pakz pleased you got it in the end at that price . You're gonna love AGK2 . Can make some seriously good games with it . They run great on Android as well . haven't tried ios . I would suggest you get into the 3d stuff as early as possible it's no harder than the 2d stuff and even a crap programmer like me can get some good results . Good luck.