Easiest programming languages and game engines

Started by Pfaber11, May 04, 2019, 09:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Quote from: MikeHart on May 04, 2019, 21:52:17
Quote from: Qube on May 04, 2019, 21:20:58
Just saw that and posted about it. Lol, looks like we posted at the same time.
Yes, but mine has a different tone  ;D
Yeah, I did detect a small hint of sarcasm :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Pfaber11

Hmm . Yes I would agree with that . So AGK2 is the best no doubt about it. Case Closed. Not really although it is pretty damn good especially when compared to some other basics. And OOP is a real head banger. Mind you seasoned c++ coders hate basic because of the lack of OOP. All that classes and inheritance Jesus Christ . Basic is best. Just my opinion. I don't really think it matters what language you use it's the end product that counts. Have a nice evening.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Pfaber11

I've just become a full member . Excellent.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

Jugival

I have mixed feelings about AGK. It is easy to get into and offers great 2d library but I find its Tier 1 language a bit to simplistic. When you code more complex things you really start to miss OOP features and pointers. It seems AGK studio will bring no improvements in that area.

Qube

Quote from: Jugival on May 05, 2019, 16:23:52
I have mixed feelings about AGK. It is easy to get into and offers great 2d library but I find its Tier 1 language a bit to simplistic. When you code more complex things you really start to miss OOP features and pointers. It seems AGK studio will bring no improvements in that area.
I've never once wished for OOP and especially pointers when creating games in AGK. Is there a scenario whereby OOP makes things much easier and can't be done in AGK just as easy?
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

MikeHart

Quote from: Jugival on May 05, 2019, 16:23:52
So then Tier2 must be your thing.

Pfaber11

I would love to love oop but find it hard to get into. I found blitz3D was just as easy as AGK to work with although I only created a couple of projects with it before I bought AGK2 . The language of AGK may be simplistic but I bet anything can be accomplished with the right approach. I haven't found anything I can't do yet although I suppose it is early days . The reason I stopped using blitz3D was because of the fmod thing . You need to acquire a license to publish with it so that put me off. I believe you do anyway. you know it may be simple but there are literally hundreds of commands I haven't used yet . I think the game creators have pretty much thought of everything .