August 25, 2019, 12:20:10 AM

Author Topic: Learning Python  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Pfaber11

Re: Learning Python
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
Well I've been at this 3 weeks or so now and am going to try a simple game . Hopefully when complete it'll be good enough to put on my website . We'll see I suppose . Just gotta come up with the right idea I suppose .  Was on my phone last night and typed  python into the play store . It came up with loads of stuff books and all sorts . Phone IDE s too . Downloaded about ten books so far and I feel I should take the time to read then . There's also a ton of stuff on you tube and I've watched a few videos on there . Also enrolled in a udemy coarse for free . Hopefully in twelve months I'll be answering questions on here instead of asking them . Have a nice day.

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
Picked up another free pdf book today called Python Pocket Reference 5th Edition. Definitely worth having . I've just discovered that windows ten will read your pdf files to you . It's not perfect but is pretty good and I read along with it . Watched a few videos on you tube for beginners and now going to move onto the intermediate  ones . I had a go at Java last year for a couple of weeks and got nowhere with it Python is a lot easier than that in my opinion. According to what I have read Python is a procedural language as well as an oop  language  so I guess it can be used either way . Bonjour

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
I was reading somewhere that C++ is around 400 times faster than Python and have also read that Panda3d is nearly as fast as C++ . I've  done an example program of panda3d and it does look pretty impressive . Was a bit put off by all this talk of nodes but have found out it's just another name for objects . Still practising with pygame and to be honest it is a bit slow for my liking . Tried all the ways I can think of to smooth out the graphics and speed things up but I now Know panda3d does 2d stuff as well as 3d so I might just head off in that direction .   

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »
Just completed a very small coarse on Udemy for free . Learnt a couple of things with it  Got the certificate . Although I watched all of it and paid attention I could of slept through it and still got the certificate . But what would of been the point of that. Thinking of doing another one this afternoon. I think using video tutorials seems to be a good way to learn . Have a nice day.

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
Decided to try pypy3.6 again . I've got it installed ok as when  I click on pypy3.exe it takes me into the shell . However when I try to use it with wing personal7 which is the python IDE I use it just doesn't seem to work . I've taken a screen shot which I'll place here and maybe somebody can tell me where I'm going wrong . If not I'll try another IDE and see if that helps . Here's the screen shot.

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2019, 08:50:00 PM »
Well I got pypy3.6 v.7.1.1 up and running on pycharm community addition along with pyglet . Can't get pygame running as of yet but hoping pyglet will be ok for now. Still got python 3.7.3 installed and running in the wing personal 7 IDE. Anyway if anybody wants to try this pypy out and want's any tips just ask away.   It's still python but on steroids running at 5 or 7 times as fast. Can't wait to get into both of these and do some comparisons. Good evening.

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Had some problems using pyglet  in that the program kept getting stuck anyway decided for now just to use standard python with pygame and ratcave . Apparently ratcave can expand pygame for 3d graphics . Found some documentation on it and will try it out shortly . All going well with python although I should imagine I'm  just scratching the surface . Now I'm getting used to the syntax and the style of it I'm finding it ok . At first I couldn't get ratcave to install and what cured it was installing ms c++ build tools . Works fine now . It's just over a gig to download but did the trick. Feels good to be using pygame again after trying out pyglet and really not liking it . Anyway that's it from me . Happy coding .

Offline Pfaber11

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
Well guys after learning python for a couple of months I have decided it's not the language for me . Much prefer AGK classic for a few reasons . If I would of wanted to do the same stuff as I'm used to doing I would of had to learn Panda 3d  as well as python and I don't think I want to spend the next year learning it especially when I can do some cool stuff in AGK classic. So that's it I'm back to AGK classic which I know and love .  By the way was on steam earlier and for the next couple of days you can pick up AGK classic for £16.50 on steam. It's a bargain in my opinion. Bonjour.
Just thought I would add to this and that is Python and pygame are not a patch on AGK . Just my opinion. AGK is a lot smoother too.  8) 8)
Just to add I did enjoy python and it is very flexible with all the modules  just not my cup of tea.