Languages & Coding > Others

Learning Python

(1/15) > >>

Pfaber11:
As I posted elsewhere on this forum I have taken it on myself to try and learn Python . Well I'm 2 days in and am struggling a bit . wish they had some decent documentation like AGK2 . What I need is a list of all the key words and commands with examples of how to use them . I'm only on my second day and was hoping to at least by able to open a graphics window or any window for that matter . I'll post back here when I make some progress. installed another module for it  called pygame . It's a module for game programming  that's 3 I've got so far . If anybody has any advice on where to start it'd be most welcome . I've read a few tutorials and am watching videos on you tube.

Derron:
Python itself does not have that many "commands" you have to learn.

If you use libraries/modules then of course you need to learn their commands - and it depends on the module on how well they are documented.

bye
Ron

MikeHart:
Regarding pygame.... it took me not even a minute to google for it, find its website. Top menu.. getting started. And there tutorials.

MikeHart:
Btw. google for w3schools and python. The damn internet is full of tutorials.

Pfaber11:
yes just gotta get used to the coding style . found some good stuff about pygame to get me started . This oop stuff is taking some getting used to. I will not give up . what I could really do with is some printed out example code to get the ball rolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version