Compile for PPC on OS X

Started by Yellownakji, April 29, 2019, 01:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellownakji

Hi,

I'm curious about compiling for PowerPC Processors and i see that there is indeed a 'PPC' target, but it's greyed out.  How can i enable this?

I'm on OS X El Capitan, bit i do have access to OS X 10.4.

Derron

Use legacy BlitzMax. It should support PPC.

Bye
Ron

therevills

I'm not sure how to enable support... but why would you want to compile for PPC?

Yellownakji

Quote from: therevills on April 29, 2019, 05:56:34
I'm not sure how to enable support... but why would you want to compile for PPC?

Because i would like to port my GUI.  PowerPC macs still have a cult following, especially to select users in the Dreamcast community.

Derron

I am not sure but at least I assume that support for PCC with BlitzMax NG is not given or stuff guaranteed to work.

MaxIDE disables "PPC" when it is not compiled on a PPC platform (there is a "?ppc" conditional in the maxide.bmx doing a menu-disable then). You might try from commandline instead ("./bmk" will offer you the various command line options).

bye
Ron

markcwm

With BRL Blitzmax you had to be on PPC to compile for PPC, I assume NG is the same although Brucey did have a cross-compiler thing but it was only able to compile to Windows, see here.

Yellownakji

Quote from: markcwm on April 29, 2019, 17:07:05
With BRL Blitzmax you had to be on PPC to compile for PPC, I assume NG is the same although Brucey did have a cross-compiler thing but it was only able to compile to Windows, see here.

The issue with ppc is I can't find standard BRL blitz with PPC max ide.  So, I cannot even build NG let alone standard, yet.  I do have access to ppc, though.

therevills

I would be surprised if the BlitzMax PPC output would run on a Dreamcast, I'm pretty sure Mark used some C code in there to like with the NS libs  :)

Yellownakji

Quote from: therevills on April 30, 2019, 00:02:44
I would be surprised if the BlitzMax PPC output would run on a Dreamcast, I'm pretty sure Mark used some C code in there to like with the NS libs  :)

I'm not compiling for Dreamcast hardware.  I'm compiling my DreamPi GUI for the Dreamcast community.

Anyways, i'm not painfully torrenting xcode 4 with 1 seeder.  Then i need to figure out how to compile maxide/NG..

Yellownakji

Nah, these torrents are dead.   9% > remaining time is 3 years with decimal seeders.  Wonderful.

OS X x64 MaxIDE has an X86 target option and a 'universal build' option.  I'll put BCC_PPC in bin and see.

Edit:  Nope.  x86 also does not compile x86; Still 64.

therevills

Quote from: Yellownakji on April 30, 2019, 00:24:16
I'm compiling my DreamPi GUI for the Dreamcast community.

Ahh cool! Good luck with it!  8)